IVECCS - What is it? The International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Symposium (IVECCS) is THE major continuing education symposium conducted yearly for veterinarians, technicians, practice managers, veterinary students and industry personnel who have an interest in emergency/critical care medicine for companion animals to include exotics and horses. This is the 22nd IVECCS which first was held in San Antonio, Texas, September 1988.
Who Attends? IVECCS is attended by over 2,500 of the world's most progressive, forward thinking, veterinary professionals searching for the latest advances in equipment, instruments, pharmaceuticals, and information management tools. IVECCS 2015 was held at Gaylord National outside Washington DC. Nearly 2,900 attended with an additional 400 industry personnel. This included 375 attendees from outside the US representing over 50 countries.
Who Conducts IVECCS? The Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS) is the host organization for IVECCS which is considered to be highest-quality veterinary continuing education available at any national or international meeting. In addition, VECCS is once again proud to conduct IVECCS in conjunction with its partners:
• American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care (ACVECC)
• Academy of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Technicians (AVECCT)
• American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA)
• Academy of Veterinary Technicians in Anesthesia and Analgesia (AVTAA)
• International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management (IVAPM)
What happens at IVECCS? 140 speakers will present 400 hours of lectures and labs covering a variety of topics ranging from common emergencies to the most advanced intensive care and resuscitation procedures. Life-saving surgery, medical interventions, CPR and nursing will be highlighted.
Why Grapevine? IVECCS requires a very large meeting room space and exhibit hall and the Gaylord Texan provides the perfect location. Considering the large national and international numbers that attend, easy access for air travel is a high priority. Not to mention, Grapevine is the wine capital of Texas and the infectious Western Hospitality will be enjoyed by all!
Why Attend? IVECCS will...
• give you the skills and training necessary to provide top quality care for your patients
• provide networking opportunities with peers from around the world
• be THE MOST fun-filled CE event you can attend