#15 - Grapevine's Market on Main
In 1916, local builder Frank Estill constructed this brick building for John Wood. Built and used primarily for automotive services, it once housed car dealerships. Changes from the early front auto ramps can be seen in the sidewalk, plus the original tin ceilings remain. A 1927 entry in B.R. Wall’s diary mentions a skating rink here. From 1937 until 1992, a Western Auto Store was owned and operated by Jim Wood and later by third generation, Charles Wood.