#25 - Kountry Donuts
Constructed in 1934, this once was the site of the Bart H. Starr Friendly Service Station, made with native rock taken from the farm of the owner’s father, who was also the first mayor of Grapevine. The site of the station was once a part of the Bart Starr, Sr., homestead. Bart Starr, Jr., was a local entrepreneur who was in the drayage business, ran livery stables and originally sold gasoline from barrels, which he strained through chamois skins. This station was in competition with Willhoite’s Garage at the south end of Main Street. It was demolished and later replaced with the donut shop.