#40 - Good Things For All Seasons
The J. E. Foust & Co. general store sold groceries and funeral supplies. The building was built in 1888, the same year the St. Louis Southwestern Railway (known as the Cotton Belt Route) arrived in Grapevine. The funeral business moved to 523 S. Main St. in 1945; while the grocery continued in this location until 1963. This building, with a corrugated iron canopy seen in historic photographs, was completely restored in 1993.