#46 - Texas General Store
The Olympia Confectionary was owned by C.S. & Frank Rainwater. Silent films were shown here in early days. C.E. “Pie” Stewart bought the confectionary in 1914. He added a soda fountain; teenagers met here for ice cream and Cokes; and barbershop quartets occasionally entertained the patrons. In the late 1940s, it became City Drug, owned by Roy Chambers. The drugstore continued to attract the after-school crowd for sodas in the “happy days” of the 1950s.