#47 - Ooh La La!
This building was built in 1890 on land owned by the family of early pioneer E.M. Jenkins. From 1944 to 1995, the building was owned by the Gordon Tate family. It served as the post office from 1945 to 1960; later it housed Louise’s Variety, a florist shop and a tailor shop owned by Louise Tate. At the back door of Louise’s Variety, the Continental Trailways bus stop provided the opportunity for people to ride to Fort Worth where they could make a connection to travel anywhere in the United States.