Click here to download the Nash Farm Walking Tour Brochure.
Built c. 1905 by the Nash’s oldest son, John, the barn provided shelter for working with animals, kept hay dry in the loft, provided a covered work space and a temporary garage. Support beams in the barn have worn edges and rub marks from animals. In 1870, the Nash family owned nine horses, five milk cows, six working oxen, 75 other cattle, 50 sheep and 60 hogs. The Nashes produced 25 fleeces weighing a total of 125 pounds and churned and sold 150 pounds of butter in 1870. This barn added barn space for the family’s needs.
| || |