Click here to download the Nash Farm Walking Tour Brochure.
The Soil Conservation building is a living example of the historical importance of agriculture and education to Grapevine, Texas. Constructed in 1945 at Main and Hudgins Street, it was acquired in late 1948 for the United States Department of Agriculture’s Soil Conservation Service (SCS) building in Grapevine. From this office, local farmers received conservation information, instruction and encouragement to put into place the techniques that would protect the precious Grape Vine Prairie from erosion.
The Soil Conservation Service building was relocated to its current location to be used for educational and training purposes.
| || |