UNWRAP THE MAGIC OF THE SEASON IN GRAPEVINE, THE CHRISTMAS CAPITAL OF TEXAS®
1. Experience Gaylord Texan Resort's Lone Star Christmas Featuring ICE! and Santa's Wild Workshop Snowtubing -For the 11th straight year, Gaylord Texan Resort's famed Annual Lone Star Christmas Event, presented by Kodak, will kick off November 13, 2014 and run through January 3, 2015. This year, the acclaimed ICE! exhibit will feature everyone's favorite snowman, Frosty, and his friends. Also new this year is a Madagascar-themed brunch and a holiday meet-and-greet with famous DreamWorks characters. Other Lone Star Christmas favorites will return, including a snow-tubing adventure through Santa's workshop. Cookies & Milk with Mrs. Claus and gingerbread cookie decorating with Gingy, the most famous of all gingerbread men! Visit www.christmasatgaylordtexan.com for times and tickets. November 13 - January 3, 2015.
2. Climb Aboard the North Pole Express® - Imagine the joy on the faces of your children and grandchildren as they experience the magic of Grapevine's North Pole Express! Guests begin their journey as they board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Victorian rail coaches. As the train departs and the anticipation of arriving at the North Pole builds, elves will welcome the guests and sing traditional Christmas music. Then, a magical moment! As the train draws closer to the North Pole, Mrs. Claus makes a special appearance to give each child a "We Believe" silver Santa bell. Guests then arrive at the North Pole and walk along a snowy Christmas Tree trail, where, as they wait for an appearance by Santa, guests are entertained with songs and magical Christmas moments. Finally, Santa arrives! Santa wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and then shares his Frosty Chocolate Snow Milk served in a memory mug to all the boys and girls. Families will also receive a voucher for a complimentary Family Photo with Santa. Limit one per family. Tickets for the North Pole Express are $25 for ages 13 months and older and are on sale now. Advance purchase recommended. November 28, 29, 30 and December 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
3. Enjoy a Howlin' Holiday at Snowland at the Great Wolf Lodge - Bring the entire family to enjoy the magic of the season with a visit to the North Woods in Grapevine at the Great Wolf Lodge! During Snowland, guests at this family-friendly resort will experience an 84-degree indoor waterpark along with special visits from Santa, North Pole University activities, holiday carol sing-alongs, a life-size Gingerbread House, Santa's Letter-writing Depot, daily Polar Wolf Walk, Great Clock Tower holiday show, nightly Snowland-themed Story Time and much more. And don't forget indoor snowfall - right in the lobby! November 29 - January 4.
4. Sweet Treats for An Afternoon Delight - Sip some fun at Dr. Sue's Chocolate this Christmas season. At 2 p.m. daily, guests can sample three varieties of premium, hand-crafted hot chocolates complemented by a delicious cookie. Dr. Sue's Chocolate exists to inspire people to a more healthful lifestyle. As a physician and chocolatier, Dr. Sue realizes the importance of good dietary choices to support healthy living. Dr. Sue believes her all-natural dark chocolate offers a richly decadent, yet more healthful confection. While you're at the shop, select some delicious treats to take with you or to give as gifts. See why high-end stores such as eatZi's, Central Market and many others now carry Dr. Sue's products. 520 S. Main St. Daily hot chocolate samplings are available November 28 - December 23 and are $4 per person.
5. Shop ‘Til We Drop - Get inspired for your gift giving this year at Grapevine's one-of-a-kind shops and wineries, large national retail chains and more. With shopping options for every taste and budget, you'll be sure to find a little something for yourself too.
• On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer, on Vixen to Historic Downtown Grapevine's more than 80 locally-owned shops, boutiques, jewelry stores, winery tasting rooms, home décor and collectibles and more! Stores such as Good Things For All Seasons, Crowned by Grace, Chic Boutique, Merry's Christmas and Clowns, Bermuda Gold, Grapevine Olive Oil Company, Ooh La La and many more will delight even the most seasoned shopper! Or visit the wineries along Grapevine's Urban Wine Trail for a unique and special gift.
• From opening from 8 p.m.- 1 a.m. on Thanksgiving night (hours are 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Friday, November 28) to a variety of exciting holiday events, Grapevine Mills offers even the most dedicated shopper a holiday paradise. The 1.6 million square feet of shopping euphoria includes spots such as Coach Factory, Disney Outlet, Express, J. Crew, Gap, Gymboree, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, and many more! And for a special holiday treat, enjoy Breakfast with Santa at Rainforest Café on December 13 and 20, 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
• Get in touch with your love of the outdoors this holiday season at Grapevine's Bass Pro Shops. Don't miss Santa's Wonderland (November 15 - December 24) with free activities, crafts and games. Located across the street from Grapevine Mills mall, you can also see special Christmas visitors throughout the season on weekends.
• And shopping traditionalists will love Grapevine Towne Center, home to brands such as Target, Cost Plus World Market, Haltom's Jewelers and more.
6. Something magical comes over LEGOLAND® Discovery Center with Holiday Bricktacular and the Octonauts return to SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium - Don't miss your chance to search for holiday treasures at LEGOLAND Discovery Center's Miniland featuring holiday-themed scavenger hunts December 1 - 24. Can you build well enough to impress the Master Model Builder? Take the Festive Build Creative Challenge Saturday, December 6, 13 and 20 and see just how creative you can be. As the big day draws near, guests at LEGOLAND Discovery Center can write their own letter to Santa daily December 1 - 24. Participate in the Winter Wonderland Big Build, held the first three weekends of December and stop by for milk and cookies Sunday, December 7, 14 and 21 (limited to the first 100 guests in the attraction). Plus, dive into action with the Octonauts, the team of undersea adventure heroes from the hit animated TV show. Undertake a special mission with exciting activities and fun-packed events, plus the chance to meet Captain Barnacles and Kwazii! The Octonauts adventure starts at SEA LIFE Grapevine Saturday, November 29.
7. Hit a High Note at the Palace Theatre - Hit a high note with live entertainment and classic Christmas movies in Grapevine! With the amazing backdrop of Grapevine's Historic Palace Theatre, all ages will love sharing in all the seasonal fun.
• The Texas Tenors - Don't miss your chance to see one of the most popular events in the Christmas Capital of Texas! The Texas Tenors are back for the fourth year in a row and tickets are selling fast! The Texas Tenors perform classic Christmas music to opera to country favorites, all with a Texas twist. See for yourself why The Texas Tenors are one of the most popular groups in the history of America's Got Talent. Get your tickets now as these shows sell out fast! Tickets $30. December 16, 17, 18 and 19 at 7:30 p.m.; December 17 and 19 at 2 p.m. For more information, call 817-410-3100.
• Main Street LIVE - Formerly known as The Grapevine Opry Show, Main Street Live's high-energy Christmas show will set the perfect tone for the Christmas season. These performances feature some of your favorite Christmas songs celebrating all the things we love about the holidays. After Christmas, celebrate the new year with Main Street Live! All shows start at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $25. Group discounts are available. Performances include Christmas Spectacular - November 22, 29 and December 5, 6, 12, 13 and 20 and A Rockin' New Year's Eve - December 31.
• A Merry Little Christmas Show with Ricki Derek - Benefiting Operation Kindness, Crooner Ricki Derek's one-of-a-kind show is a fun-filled musical extravaganza that combines the vibe of the Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra television specials with the energy and excitement of today. Tickets start at $25. December 14 at 4 p.m.
• Classic Christmas Movies - What says Christmas more than a classic Christmas movie shown in a restored 1940s era theater? Grapevine's Palace Theatre features a full lineup of classic Christmas films this season. Tickets $5 per person. Movies include White Christmas, December 1, 10 and 21; It's A Wonderful Life, December 2, 9, 11, 14, 18, 21, 22 and 23; A Christmas Story, December 3 and A Charlie Brown Christmas/How the Grinch Stole Christmas December 22 and 23.
• The Nutcracker presented by Early Spring Arts Dance Conservatory - Join Clara in her battle with the rat queen and her journey through the Land of Sweets in the beloved Christmas classic. Tickets $22. Discounts available for groups of 20 or more. December 7 at 7:30 p.m.
8. Cheer for the Largest Lighted Christmas Parade in North Texas - Celebrate Christmas at Grapevine's Parade of Lights along Historic Downtown Grapevine's Main Street on December 4 at 7 p.m. See more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands in this annual tradition. Come early to claim your spot along Main Street. Free. And for water parade fun, see the beautiful Twinkle Light Boat Parade with watercrafts decorated in all of the finest sparkling lights to celebrate the season. This floating festival begins at Twin Coves Marina and picks up entries at each marina including Scott's Landing and Silver Lake. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine and the Glass Cactus Nightclub at Gaylord Texan Resort. December 6, 6 - 9 p.m. Free.
9. Songs and Sparkles at the Carol of Lights - See Grapevine's Mayor William D. Tate flip the switch and transform Historic Downtown Grapevine into the Christmas Capital of Texas. The city becomes illuminated with more than one million lights along Main Street in Historic Downtown Grapevine and guests will enjoy musical performances and hot chocolate will be available. There will also be fireworks. Free. November 24 at 7 p.m.
10. Sip Aboard the Christmas Wine Trains - Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Christmas Wine Trains. This favorite seasonal event is a festive Christmas event for grown-ups. Each train features a different Grapevine urban winery. Hors d'ouevres will also be served. Additional wine will be available for purchase. Tickets are $40 per person. Buy your tickets early as these train experiences sell out quickly. Riders must be 21 and over. December 11 and 18 at 7 p.m.
11. Lights, Camera, Action - Bring your camera to capture video at the all-new Light Show Spectacular. Beginning November 24 through January 4, see the Light Show Spectacular at its all-new location of Main Street and Dallas Road. This nightly light show runs continuously from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. and features a singing tree, beautiful lights and fun for the whole family.
12. It's a Holiday Whodunnit in Grapevine - It's time for Dismay in a Manger at the Texas Star Dinner Theater. Oh no, there is dismay in a manger at the annual Christmas Pageant rehearsal. Mayor Rufus Yates has written a horrible holiday havoc. Help Marshal Jim Courtright sort through his list of who's been naughty or nice. Fridays and Saturdays, November 21 - 30. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, December 1 - December 27.
13. Eat, Drink and Be Merry -Take time to enjoy a delicious meal at one of Grapevine's more than 200 restaurants serving a variety of cuisines at prices to fit a range of budgets or stop by one of Grapevine's urban wineries for a glass of wine and a snack before merrily continuing your Christmas Capital of Texas experience.
14. Check Out the Fun at Christmas on Main- Guests of all ages will enjoy Christmas on Main! With the beautiful backdrop of the Grapevine's historic buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights, guest will experience the glass workshop at Vetro Glassblowing Studio, enjoy tractor-drawn wagon rides ($1 per person, per ride) and more. November 28, 29 and 30 and December 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19 20 and 21. Fridays, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon - 5 p.m. and Sundays, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
15. Have a Historic Christmas - Experience a Texas heritage Christmas at Nash Farm's Victorian Christmas. Docents will guide guests through the farmhouse and the farm to experience how Grapevine's earliest settlers celebrated Christmas during the latter part of the 19th Century. Tours will begin at the pole barn, where visitors can enjoy hot cider and cookies, to the front door of the farmhouse, through the parlor, bedroom, dining room and kitchen, then outside by the burning yule log and back to the pole barn. Guests may make ornaments to decorate their own home for Christmas. December 6, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. Free.
Holiday hotel packages are available. For additional information, please contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-457-6338 or 817-410-3185 or visit www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
Gaylord Texan's Lone Star Christmas is provided by Kodak Event Imaging Solutions. Frosty the Snowman TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. & Classic Media, LLC. Based upon the musical composition FROSTY THE SNOWMAN © Warner/Chappell. Pepsi and Pepsi Globe are registered trademarks of PepsiCo, Inc. Christmas Capital of Texas® and North Pole Express® are registered trademarks of the City of Grapevine and the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau.