For the Yellow and Green Routes, serving Grapevine hotels, Grapevine Mills, Historic Downtown Grapevine and many of Grapevine's restaurants, click here.
For the Tan Route, originating on the north side of D/FW International Airport between Freeport Parkway and Esters Road, click here.
For more information about the Grapevine Visitors Shuttle, please call 817-410-3185.
In order to enjoy your Grapevine Visitors Shuttle experience, please follow these rider tips and etiquette suggestions.
• Exact cash fare is required; driver does not carry change
• Passes can be purchased at:
o Grapevine Visitor Information Center
o Participating Grapevine hotels
o On the shuttles
• Shuttles stop at "drop-off only" locations only when there are passengers on-board that need to stop at that location; shuttles will return to these locations after the top of the hour to pick-up new passengers
• The "Shop, Dine Grapevine" brochure, available on-board the shuttles, provides an extensive list of shopping, dining and entertainment venues
• Passengers who depart their hotels on the last shuttle of the day are responsible to find their own return transportation
• Shuttle operations end on Sunday at 7 p.m. (last run begins at 6 p.m.) and Monday-Saturday at 11 p.m. (last run begins at 10 p.m.). Hours of operation are subject to change without notice.
AIRPORT LAYOVER TIPS
The Grapevine Visitors Shuttle is a great opportunity to explore a part of historic Texas while on layovers at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (minimum layover: four hours suggested)
o Experience great shopping, dining and entertainment while waiting for your next flight
o Remember to bring your boarding pass and government-issued picture ID for airport re-entry
o Red and Yellow Routes service the airport.
o Shuttle is accessible at Grand Hyatt DFW, Terminal D, via Skylink
• Smoking, eating or drinking on the shuttle are not permitted
• Please fold all strollers before boarding
• A driver may refuse to transport a passenger under the influence of alcohol, illegal or dangerous substances or whose behavior or language appears abusive, offensive, disorderly or dangerous to the driver or other passengers
• Service dogs are permitted on the shuttle. Pets and comfort animals are prohibited.
Times may vary due to traffic. Shuttles follow a fixed route. To maintain the schedule, drivers cannot deviate from the route. Passengers are responsible for their own transportation if they miss the last scheduled shuttle. Shuttle does not run on Easter, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Years Day. subject to change. Hours of operation are subject to change, visit the Web site for updated schedule and information changes.
Shuttle maximum capacity: 30