CELEBRATE THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS IN GRAPEVINE, THE CHRISTMAS CAPITAL OF TEXAS®
Office 817-410-3195/ Cell 817-903-9424
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CELEBRATE THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS IN GRAPEVINE, THE CHRISTMAS CAPITAL OF TEXAS®
With 1,400 Christmas Events in 40-Plus Days, There's No Better Place to
Create Christmas Memories than Grapevine
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (October 9, 2012) - Celebrate the magic of Christmas in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas! Grapevine is the perfect place to create wonderful Christmas memories with your family and friends this season. You'll be amazed at the more than 1,400 Christmas events in 40-plus days, as you see Grapevine sparkle with millions of lights, enormous decorations, animated characters and a whole lot more! Whether you're looking for a night out with the family, an opportunity to enjoy the holiday with someone special or a unique holiday getaway, here are some of the most magical Christmas events and activities in Grapevine this season!
1. Christmas shop ‘til you drop - Don't let the tree be the only thing that sparkles and shines this season! Come to Grapevine and shop for that special gift at some of the most sophisticated and chic hotspots in Texas. Grapevine's shopping options provide an incredible variety for all your holiday needs for every taste and budget. And while you're crossing names off your list, you just might find something truly fabulous for yourself, too! From unique shops featuring clothing, jewelry and collectibles to winery tasting rooms to home décor to specialty food items, Historic Downtown Grapevine offers shoppers a chance to locate unique and special gifts. Stores such as Good Things For All Seasons, Chic Boutique, Merry's Christmas and Clowns, Bermuda Gold, Grapevine Olive Oil Company, Ooh La La and many more will make your shopping list disappear like a plate of Christmas cookies! Bring the kids to make their own ornament at Vetro Glassblowing Studio. Wine fans will love picking up a bottle of wine for that special someone or for a special holiday event from one of Grapevine's winery tasting rooms.
From opening at midnight on Thanksgiving night to a variety of exciting holiday events, Grapevine Mills mall offers even the most devoted shopper a truly amazing experience. The 1.6 million square feet of shopping euphoria includes spots such as the recently opened H&M, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Forever 21, New York & Company, Ann Taylor Factory Store, Banana Republic and many more! And don't miss a chance to shop the fantastic gifts shops of LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium, both located at Grapevine Mills. And for a special holiday treat, enjoy Breakfast with Santa at Grapevine Mills mall December 15 and 22.
Got an outdoor lifestyle fan in the family? Check out all the great gear for fishing, boating, hunting, camping, archery and the outdoors at Santa's Wonderland conveniently located at Bass Pro Shops! Located across the street from Grapevine Mills mall, you can also see special Christmas visitors throughout the season on weekends.
And shopping traditionalists will love Grapevine Towne Center, home to brands such as Target, Cost Plus World Market, Office Depot and more. While you're there, pick up some delicious dishes at the recently opened eatZi's, located near Jason's Deli.
2. It's Time to Dine in Grapevine - Whether you're shopping or attending one of the more than 1,400 Christmas events, you'll want to make sure to stop and enjoy some delicious dishes in Grapevine. With more than 200
restaurants that serve a variety of cuisines at prices to fit a range of budgets, you're sure to find something that delights even the pickiest palate. The city features a variety of locally-owned restaurants and national chains that will
refresh and restore even the most dedicated Christmas shopper.
3. Ride the Rails on the North Pole Express® - Ride the rails with your family aboard the North Pole Express! See the magic of the season unfold as children of all ages and adults alike experience this classic Grapevine event. This approximately one hour expanded experience with added activities includes a ride on a historic train, pre-boarding holiday fun, Santa, journey through the Christmas tree maze, ornament making, caroling and more. Don't forget to wear your special Christmas pajamas! Tickets are $18 per person and are on sale now. Children 2 and under can sit on an adult's lap, but must have a complimentary ticket to board. The North Pole Express runs November 23, 24, 25 and 30 and December 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22 and 23. Grapevine Vintage Railroad, 705 S. Main St.
4. Chill Out at ICE! featuring DreamWorks' "Merry MadagascarTM" during Lone Star Christmas at the Gaylord Texan Resort - The ICE! winter holiday attraction returns with an all-new, hilarious theme: ICE! featuring DreamWorks' "Merry MadagascarTM." From November 9 to January 1, see all your favorite characters including Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria carved from more than two million pounds of ice. You'll be delighted as these colorful creations set the perfect holiday mood.
And while at the Gaylord Texan Resort, don't miss Kung Fu Panda Awesome Snow Tubing. Open daily November 9 to January 1, experience an extreme eight-lane tubing hill that's covered in real snow. Watch your children smile and sparkle at Lone Star Christmas at the Gaylord Texan Resort. This winter wonderland includes 1.5 million holiday lights, a 52-foot rotating Christmas tree, a life-sized Gingerbread House, 12,000 ornaments and Santa Claus. Christmas hotel packages are available. Visit www.gaylordtexan.com for ticket prices and times.
5. Musicals, Movies and Magical Moments at the Palace Theatre - From country to classic Christmas, Grapevine is the place to be for all your holiday entertainment. Set in the beautiful setting of the restored Palace Theatre in Historic Downtown Grapevine, you'll delight at all of the spectacular Christmas music and movie offerings.
· Texas Tenors - It's a return engagement for the Texas Tenors at Grapevine's Palace Theatre! Audiences will be amazed at this terrific trio, most well-known for their amazing journey on America's Got Talent. Mixing country and classical music with their own Texas Tenor flavor, this beloved group will bring Christmas audiences to their feet. Tickets $25. December 13, 14, 16, 20, 21 and 22 at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 817-410-3100.
· An Elvis Kind of Christmas with Kraig Parker - Don't let it be a Blue Christmas! On Sunday, December 2 come to the Palace Theatre for a delightful Christmas show -Elvis style. Kraig Parker, the world's premier Elvis tribute artist, will entertain all ages with this unique twist on all your favorite Christmas songs. Tickets, $32 and $27. The show starts at 4 p.m.
· Classic Christmas Movies - There's no better place to watch a classic Christmas movie than a classic theatre in a historic downtown! For example, see the experience of George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life." After the movie, stroll Main Street and experience our version of Bedford Falls. Tickets $5 per person. Shows include:
"Die Hard" - November 29, 7:30 p.m.
"Christmas Vacation" - December 3, 7 p.m. and December 18, 1 p.m.
"White Christmas" - December 4 and 18, 7 p.m.
"A Christmas Story" - December 5 and 10, 7 p.m., December 19, 1 p.m.
"It's a Wonderful Life" - December 11, 17 and 23, 7 p.m.
"Miracle on 34th Street" - December 12 and 19, 7 p.m.
"A Charlie Brown Christmas"/ "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - December 17, 21 and 22, 1 p.m.
Classic Cartoon Day - December 20, 1 p.m.Grapevine Opry - Tap your toes to the sounds of Christmas with the Grapevine Opry at the Palace Theatre. All shows start at 7:30 p.m. Group discounts are available. Christmas Holiday Preview - November 24 , $15 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under. A Texas Christmas - November 30 and December 7, $25 per person Fabulous Fifties Christmas - December 1, $25 per person Letters from Santa - December 8, $25 per person Christmas Wonderland - December 15, $25 per person New Year's Country Eve - December 31, $25 per person
6. Play reindeer games with Santa - Step back in time this season at Christmas on Main! See Victorian-style buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights. Watch jolly Christmas characters including Santa on stilts, play reindeer games, experience the glass workshop at Vetro Glassblowing Studio, enjoy tractor-drawn wagon rides ($1 per person, per ride) and spot beautiful decorations adorning Historic Downtown Grapevine's Main Street. November 23, 24, 25, 30 and December 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22 and 23. Fridays1 - 6 p.m.; Saturdays 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sundays 1 - 6 p.m.
7. Christmas for grown-ups -The Christmas Wine Trains offer a great grownup escape from all of the Christmas hustle and bustle! This fun evening begins with a reception at 7 p.m. in the Cotton Belt Railroad District, followed by boarding at 7:30 p.m. Each train features a different Grapevine winery and winery representatives will be on board. Wine will be available for purchase on the train. Tickets are $36 per person. Riders must be 21 and over. December 13 and 20 at 7 p.m. Visit www.gvrr.com or call 817-410-3385.
8. Christmas parades on land and water - Bring the entire family to the Parade of Lights in Historic Downtown Grapevine December 6 at 7 p.m. The largest lighted Christmas parade in North Texas, this Grapevine tradition features more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands. Look for Santa Claus on the last float! Free. And if you're looking for a different sort of Christmas parade to float your boat, make your way to Lake Grapevine. The Twinkle Light Boat Parade is one of the most unique Christmas parades you will ever see. See watercrafts decorated in all of the finest sparkling lights to celebrate the season. This floating festival begins at Twin Coves Marina and picks up entries at each marina, Scott's Landing and Silver Lake. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine. December 1, 6-9 p.m. Free.
9. A Bright Night at the Carol of Lights - Sparkle and shine in the heart of Historic Downtown Grapevine! See Mayor William D. Tate flip the switch that transforms Historic Downtown Grapevine into the Christmas Capital of Texas, November 19 at 7 p.m. Guests will enjoy musical performances and hot chocolate will be available. Free.
10. Sparkling Nights and Twinkling Lights - Twinkling lights abound at the Light Show Spectacular in the heart of Historic Downtown Grapevine. This brilliantly-colored show runs continuously from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. nightly starting November 20. Sing along with the city's Christmas tree, enjoy the lights and see the joy on the faces of everyone in the family as you watch this show at the Town Square Gazebo. Free.
11. Have a Historic Christmas - Celebrate Christmas much like the earliest Grapevine settlers! Come to Grapevine's Nash Farm to celebrate Victorian Christmas. See what a Victorian, handmade Christmas was like as you make traditional ornaments, hear Christmas stories, enjoy a hot wassail and homemade cookies. December 1, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. Free.
12. Happy Howl-idays at Great Wolf Lodge - Take a visit to the North Woods in Grapevine at the Great Wolf Lodge's Snowland! And don't miss visits from Santa, North Pole University for Elves in Cub Club, holiday carol sing-alongs, the life-size Gingerbread House, Santa's workshop, writing depot, wrapping depot, toy creation station, Polar Wolf Walk, Great Clock Tower holiday snow show, nightly story time, Rowdy the Reindeer and a Polar Bear Race inside the 84-degree indoor water park. December 1 - 25.
13. Build your Holly Jolly Holidays at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium -Check out Scuba Diving Santa at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium, December 5, 8, 12, 15, 19 and 22. You'll be amazed to see Santa swimming among some of the most beautiful creatures of the sea. And check out all the holiday fun at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center December 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22.
14. It's a Cold Hearted Christmas - It's Christmas-themed live theatre at Texas Star Dinner Theatre's production of Cold Hearted Christmas Fridays and Saturdays November 23 - December 29 and Thursdays, December 6 - 20. Show, dinner and dessert are included. $55 per person.
Holiday hotel packages are available. For additional information, please contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-457-6338 or 817-410-8136 or visit www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas. Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and all related characters and properties © 2012 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. Merry Madagascar © 2012 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. © 2012 The Coca-Cola Company. "Coca-Cola" is a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company. All rights reserved. Christmas Capital of Texas and North Pole Express are registered trademarks of the City of Grapevine and the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau.