GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (July 27, 2018) – Classic movies entertain guests all month long at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre, 300 S. Main St. August movie screenings are:
- Friday, August 3 - “The Princess Bride” (Rated PG – 1987), 7:30 p.m. While home sick in bed, a young boy's grandfather reads him a story leading to a fantastic journey. This First Friday Film benefits the Grapevine Heritage Foundation.
- Saturday, August 4 - “Father of the Bride” (Rated PG – 1991), 7:30 p.m. With his oldest daughter's wedding approaching, a father finds himself reluctant to let go.
- Friday, August 10 - “Grease” (Rated PG-13 – 1978), 7:30 p.m. Good girl Sandy and greaser Danny fell in love over the summer. When they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?
- Saturday, August 11 - “Mr. Holland’s Opus” (Rated PG – 1995), 7:30 p.m. A frustrated composer finds fulfillment as a high school music teacher.
- Friday, August 17 - “The Goonies” (Rated PG – 1985), 7:30 p.m. In order to save their home from foreclosure, a group of misfits set out to find a pirate's ancient valuable treasure.
- Saturday, August 18 - “Roman Holiday” (Rated NR – 1953), 7:30 p.m. A bored and sheltered princess escapes her guardians and falls in love with an American newsman in Rome.
- Friday, August 24 - “North by Northwest” (Rated NR – 1959), 7:30 p.m. A hapless New York advertising executive is mistaken for a government agent by a group of foreign spies, and is pursued across the country while he looks for a way to survive.
- Friday, August 31 - “Casablanca” (Rated PG – 1942), 7:30 p.m. A cynical nightclub owner protects an old flame and her husband from Nazis in Morocco.
Tickets are $6 per person. Receive a free small popcorn with same day receipt from a Grapevine restaurant. For more information about Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre or to purchase tickets, call 817-410-3100 or visit www.Palace-Theatre.com.