GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (November 2, 2017) — Create lifetime Christmas memories in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas! With more than 1,400 events in 40-plus days, Grapevine’s charming Christmas setting makes the city the must-visit Texas destination of the season. Enjoy Texas’ largest ICE! event, snow tubing, Scuba Diving Santa, North Pole Express® on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, millions of magical lights, enormous decorations, Christmas photo opportunities and more, all perfectly capturing the spirit of Christmas in Grapevine. Make plans now to join the more than one million guests that visit Grapevine’s Christmas Capital of Texas each year at these exciting Christmas events and activities.
Dazzle This Season at Gaylord Texan Resort’s Lone Star Christmas Featuring ICE! and Snow Tubing – Marvel at lavish holiday displays including more than two million twinkling lights and larger-than-life decorations at Gaylord Texan Resort’s 14th Annual ICE! and Lone Star Christmas. Enjoy ICE! featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, Cookies with Mrs. Claus, Build-A-Bear Workshop® Scavenger Hunt and other holiday events. The beautiful ice sculptures are hand-carved by a team of remarkably talented master ice artisans from Harbin, China and feature magical holiday scenes, brilliant characters, an “On the Blocks” ice bar (21 and up) and two-story tall ice slides. The 14,000-square-foot attraction is a wintry 9 degrees and the resort provides complimentary parkas. Additional fun activities include Glacier Glide Ice Skating Rink, Snow Tubing, Gingerbread Decorating Corner and so much more! www.GaylordTexan.com, November 10, 2017 – January 1, 2018.
Take a Journey on the North Pole Express® presented by Great Wolf Lodge - Ride the rails aboard Grapevine’s North Pole Express! Board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Victorian rail coaches and begin your journey to the North Pole. As the train arrives at Reindeer Ridge, Mrs. Claus boards the train and presents each child a “We Believe” bell. After the train arrives at the North Pole, guests walk along the snowy Christmas Tree trail as they enter Santa’s workshop, where a cast of elves and Santa’s helpers are busily fulfilling Santa’s toy requests. Finally, Santa arrives and wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and then shares his Frosty Chocolate Snow Milk served in Santa’s special memory mug. Families will also receive a complimentary family photo with Santa. More information and reservations are available at www.GVRR.com Tickets are $25 per person. November 24, 25, 26 and December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Have a Howling Good Holiday at Great Wolf Lodge’s Snowland – Celebrate the season with a visit to the Northwoods at Grapevine’s Great Wolf Lodge! During Snowland, guests at this family-friendly resort will experience the 84-degree indoor waterpark, the largest indoor waterpark in Texas, along with special visits from Santa, North Pole University activities, a life-size Gingerbread House, Santa’s Letter-writing Depot, daily Polar Wolf Walk, Great Clock Tower show, nightly Snowland-themed Story Time and much more. And don't forget the daily indoor snowfall – right in the lobby! November 26 – January 1, 2018.
Celebrate a Bricktacular Holiday at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and See Scuba Diving Santa at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium - Don’t miss your chance to meet LEGO® Santa at LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s Holiday Bricktacular December 16, 17, 23 and 24. Put your skills to the test and help our Master Model Builder create a Winter Wonderland and more! Dive into SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium and find out if you’ve been naughty or nice when Scuba Diving Santa returns! Dives take place at 11:30 a.m. December 13, 16, 20 and 23.
Say Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! - Grapevine’s Tower Gallery welcomes Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! For millions of Americans, it really isn’t Christmas until they have watched A Charlie Brown Christmas at least once! The latest traveling exhibition from the Charles M. Schulz Museum examines the making of the animated classic and celebrates the anticipation, joy and pitfalls of the holiday season. The exhibition consists of 50 Peanuts daily and Sunday comic strips, more than 50 vintage Peanuts-themed seasonal novelties, a Santa letter writing station and a photo opportunity for children of all ages. Also included in the exhibition is a video featuring Charles Schulz, producer Lee Mendelson and animator/director Bill Melendez that details the sometimes magical and often madcap making of A Charlie Brown Christmas. This exhibit is free. Grapevine’s Tower Gallery is located at 636 S. Main St. November 1 – January 16.
Purchase Perfect Presents – Make your list, check it twice and shop for all those who are naughty and nice in Grapevine! With shopping options for every taste and budget, you’ll be sure to find a little something for yourself, too.
- Historic Downtown Grapevine’s more than 80 locally-owned shops, boutiques, jewelry stores, winery tasting rooms, home décor, collectibles and more! Stores such as The British Emporium, Good Things For All Seasons, Crowned by Grace, Holy Grounds, Bermuda Gold & Silver, One Posh Place, The Spice & Tea Exchange, Underwood Boot Company and many more will delight even the most seasoned shopper! Or, visit the wineries along Grapevine’s Urban Wine Trail to purchase a tasty gift.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Grapevine Mills! From opening at 6 p.m. - 1 a.m. on Thanksgiving night (hours are 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. on November 24) to a variety of exciting holiday events, Grapevine Mills offers even the most dedicated shopper a holiday paradise. The 1.7 million square feet of shopping euphoria includes spots such as Coach,Michael Kors, Vera Bradley, Disney Outlet, Express, J. Crew, Gap, Gymboree, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call and many more! Special Santa events include Santa’s arrival at his brand new home located near Converse, November 11; Caring Santa (Available for children with disabilities who prefer a calm and less crowed Santa experience), Sunday, December 3, 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m (Reservations through Eventbrite are required); Breakfast with Santa at Rainforest Café, December 9, 16, 17 and 23 (Reservations through Eventbrite are required), 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.; and the New Year’s Eve Bash on December 31 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (reservations required 972-539-5001) and Pet Photos with Santa (Reservations through Eventbrite are required), November 12, 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Put the spirit of the outdoors in your Christmas season at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. Enjoy Santa’s Wonderland featuring old-time model trains, arcades and free crafts every week. Santa arrives November 11 and will be onsite daily through December 24.
- And shopping traditionalists will love Grapevine Towne Center, home to brands such as Target, Ross Dress for Less, Haltom’s Jewelers and more.
Dream of Sweets and Treats at Dr. Sue’s Hot Chocolate Happy Hour – Taste the flavors of Christmas at Dr. Sue’s Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bar and Happy Hour this Christmas. From 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., the aroma of delicious, hand-crafted hot chocolates lingers in the air, inviting even the most discriminating palate. The Hot Chocolate Barista serves Peppermint, Mexican and Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate made with top quality European cocoa and customized with your favorite flavorings and toppings. 417 S. Main St. Daily. November 24 – December 23. $4 per person.
Enjoy Christmas for Grownups Aboard the Christmas Wine Trains – Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Christmas Wine Trains, featuring a Grapevine winery. A delicious, traditional Christmas boxed dinner will be included. Additional wine will be available for purchase. Tickets are $45 per person. Purchase your tickets early as these train experiences sell out quickly. Riders must be 21 and over. Boarding begins at 6:30 p.m. All train excursions depart at 7 p.m. and return at approximately 9 p.m.
- On December 7, board the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards Christmas Wine Train. This excursion features the western flair of the Fort Worth Stockyards combined with the holiday backdrop of Grapevine’s Christmas Wine Train. This celebratory event is perfect for you and your sweetheart, best friends or co-workers to enjoy a night of Christmas fun. This train departs from and returns to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- On November 30 and December 14, excursions depart from the Grapevine Cotton Belt Depot. Enjoy an exciting excursion for you and your besties aboard this favorite seasonal event. Make sure to plan some time to enjoy the more than one million lights throughout Historic Dowtown Grapevine before your excursion departs or after you return.
Sing Along with Traditional Christmas Music and Movies at the Palace Theatre – Get your tickets now for all your traditional musical favorites at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre! All ages will love sharing in all the seasonal fun at this beloved venue. Tickets can be purchased at www.Palace-Theatre.com or by calling 817-410-3100.
- GENTRI: The Gentlemen Trio – GENTRI: The Gentlemen Trio was established in June 2014 and is comprised of three highly trained tenors: Brad Robins, Casey Elliott and Bradley Quinn Lever. Pioneering a signature sound that can only be described as “Cinematic Pop,” the music of GENTRI is transfused with lush, epic orchestrations and rich, dynamic three-part harmonies. GENTRI will be performing their brand new holiday show “Finding Christmas” named after their 2016 holiday album. "Finding Christmas" not only topped multiple billboard charts, including several number one spots, but also reached the iTunes Top 10 Holiday albums chart alongside the likes of Pentatonix and Michael Bublé. Tickets are $44. December 14, 7:30 p.m.; December 15, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; December 16, 7:30 p.m.
- “A Forever Young Christmas” - "A Forever Young Christmas" is a heartwarming show for the Holidays telling the true story of how five best friends discovered and fell in love with music. Join the guys on a musical journey to see where music has taken each of them in life. Ensemble cast includes Brad Baker, Avilla Martin, Justin Sassanella, Evan Bosworth and Chadd Ruden. Packed full of Pop, Country, Rock & Roll, and Christmas Classics, "A Forever Young Christmas" is the perfect show to get you in the Christmas spirit. Tickets $42. December 17 at 7:30 p.m. and December 18 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- “An Elvis Christmas Classic Starring Kraig Parker” – Come celebrate the season with a magical night of Christmas Classics in the style of Elvis Presley, performed by one of the best in the business, Kraig Parker. Along with his Royal Tribute Band, this Christmas show is a fan favorite not to be missed. Parker's amazing voice, charisma and likeness to the King are as close as it gets to Presley. Enjoy all of your favorite Elvis Christmas tunes with many of Presley’s timeless number one hits. Tickets start at $25. Kids 12 and under, $15. December 3 at 4 p.m.
- “A Merry Little Christmas Show with Ricki Derek” – In the tradition of the classic Christmas shows, Ricki Derek takes his audience on a holiday journey of great songs and good times. Ricki's Ho, Ho, Ho Orchestra, made up of some of the best musicians around, will have those feet tappin' all night long. As always, Ricki has a few very special guests dropping by the show too. It’s a little Rat Pack, a little Bing Crosby, and a whole lot of good times. You'll hear many of the tunes from Ricki's "Here's to Christmas" album along with many of the Christmas classics you love. Tickets start at $27. December 2 at 8 p.m.
- Rocky Gribble presents “A Grapevine Opry Christmas” – Join Rocky Gribble for the 30th year of Grapevine Opry Christmas shows at the Palace Theatre. "A Grapevine Opry Christmas" is filled with holiday music, both new and old, and offers an incredible yuletide experience for the fans. Whether you’re a returning fan or have just discovered the show for the first time, you’ll find that the show illustrates the full story of Christmas – and may possibly inspire a new holiday tradition for you and your family. Tickets $25. Saturday, December 9, 7:30 p.m.
- Classic Christmas Movies – See classic Christmas movies this season at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theater. Tickets $6. Movies include “A Christmas Carol,” December 1 at 7 p.m.; “White Christmas,” December 8, 12 and 22, 7 p.m. and December 19 and 21 at 2 p.m.; “It’s A Wonderful Life,” December 6, 10, 19, 21 and 23, 7 p.m. and Dec. 20 at 2 p.m and 7 p.m..; “A Christmas Story,” December 5 and 11, 7 p.m.; and the double feature of “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” December 22 and 23 at 2 p.m.
Learn About a Historic Christmas on the Grape Vine Prairie – Experience a Texas heritage Christmas at Nash Farm. On Friday, December 1, from 10 a.m. – noon, learn about Christmas Decorating at Nash Farm’s First Friday. Craft ornaments, decorate the tree and enjoy cider and cookies while preparing the farm for the Christmas season. $3 per person. On Saturday, December 2, from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., step back in time at Victorian Christmas and experience traditional Christmas celebrations on the farm. $3 per person. And on Thursday, December 14 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., enjoy Nash Farm’s Parlor Sociable with coffee, tea and sweets along with parlor games. $15 per person.
Create Your Historic Holiday at the Settlement to City Museums – Experience Christmas festivities like the earliest Grapevine residents through pioneer and Victorian era crafts, activities, and stories. Create and mail your own Grapevine-themed Hometown Holiday greeting card, construct Victorian-era decorations, and enjoy a bit of history in the Christmas Capital of Texas. Special events include Christmas with the Keelings, December 2, 4:30 p.m.; Victorian Christmas Card Making, December 9, 1 p.m. and Tales of a Victorian Christmas, December 22, 4 p.m. Special event tickets are $5 per person. 208 W. Hudgins St.
See Christmas Parades on Land and Water – Whether you’re a fan of parades on land or water, Grapevine is the place to be this holiday season
- On December 7 at 7 p.m., see more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands in the Parade of Lights. This year’s theme is Holiday Memories. This annual tradition welcomes thousands of visitors each year so come early to claim your spot along Main Street. Free.
- And for water parade fun, see the beautiful Twinkle Light Boat Parade with watercrafts decorated in all of the finest sparkling lights to celebrate the season, beginning at Twin Coves Marina and picking up entries at each marina including Scott’s Landing and Silver Lake. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine and the Glass Cactus Nightclub at Gaylord Texan Resort. December 2, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Free.
Hear Songs of the Season at the Carol of Lights –What is that sound? Oh can you hear? The Carol of Lights is finally here! Who should be there? Who should come? Why, the whole family! Yes, every last one. A Texas-sized spectacle of lights and sound. And of course your favorite characters are sure to be around. The singing snowmen, Mrs. Claus, oh who else could it be? Maybe a few surprise guests to help us light the tree? But we’re the Christmas Capital of Texas, with the best spirit around. Take photos with reindeer, make Christmas crafts and eat food. You know, all the best things to set the holiday mood. But one little note about this annual celebration, it’s moved up the street to a new location. It’s now in front of City Hall, which gives us more space and better viewing for all. Bring the whole family, sing a long, laugh and cheer, as you know WHO flips the switch showing Christmas is here! Free. Activities begin at 5 p.m and the show begins at 7 p.m. In front of Grapevine City Hall. November 20.
Taste the Most Flavorful Season of the Year – From the tasty to trendy, find your flavorful holiday favorites in Grapevine. With delicious dishes at more than 200 restaurants, Grapevine offers a variety of cuisines at prices to fit a range of budgets. Or, stop by one of Grapevine’s urban wineries for a glass of wine and refreshments before merrily continuing your Christmas Capital of Texas experience.
Discover the Dismay in a Manger at the Texas Star Dinner Theater – At the Texas Star Dinner Theater, there are sounds of the holiday season dancing upon the evening air, Christmas carols being sung by a choir, sleigh bells ringing on the horses passing by, and fighting in the town square. What!? Oh no, there is Dismay in the Manger at the annual Christmas Pageant rehearsal. Mayor Rufus Yates has written a horrible holiday havoc and he’s cast the show in a manner that has everyone’s secrets at risk. Was Mayor Yates trying to roast more than chestnuts when he assigned the roles to this cast of Wild West misfits? So join our perilous pageant posse and help our hero, Marshal Jim Courtright, sort through his list of who’s been naughty or nice. This is one interactive murder mystery dinner experience that will put the “Ho Ho Ho” into your Holidays!Tickets are $59.95 per person. November 17, 18, 24, 25 and 30. December 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 and 30.
Visit Whoville in Grapevine – This season, visit the all new Whoville at Grapevine’s Town Square Gazebo. This all new attraction features Who-houses, post office, you know WHO’s lair and your favorite Whoville characters in cut-out form just waiting all season for your family photos. Integrated into this year’s event will be the hippest Who-hangout all season long. And don’t forget, each evening there’s a 100% chance of snow flurries. November 21 – early January.
Shop Local at the Christmas Farmers Market –Shop at the Grapevine Christmas Farmers Market featuring flavorful and fresh local produce, baked goods, local cheeses, nuts, gift baskets and more at the Town Square Gazebo. Open 1 p.m. – 9 p.m., November 24, 25 and 26 and December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Check Out the Fun at Christmas on Main – Step back in time this season at Christmas on Main and the beautiful backdrop of the Victorian-style buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights. Climb aboard a tractor-drawn wagon ride behind the Town Square Gazebo, 325 S. Main St. The ride will take you through the seasonally decorated historic neighborhoods on the east side of Main Street. Tractor-drawn wagon rides are $1 per person. November 24, 25 and 26 and December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17. Fridays, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon – 5 p.m. and Sundays, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
HOLIDAY HOTEL PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE. For additional information, please contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-457-6338 or 817-410-3185 or visit www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
Lone Star Christmas, Presented by FUJIFILM INSTAX®
FUJIFILM and INSTAX are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation and its affiliates. © 2017 FUJIFILM North America Corporation. All rights reserved.
ICE! featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, Presented by Pepsi and Lexus. PEPSI, PEPSI-COLA and the Pepsi Globe are registered trademarks of PepsiCo, Inc.© & ® Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. Used with permission. All rights reserved.