GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (February 7, 2019) – Officially recognized as a World Festival & Event City by the International Festival & Events Association, Grapevine, Texas will welcome nearly two million visitors to the city’s festivals and events in 2019.
- Sweetheart Wine Trail, February 9: Grab your friends or that special someone and spend the day getting to know with the wineries in Grapevine during our annual Sweetheart Wine Trail. Featuring three wine tastings and food samplings at seven participating Grapevine winery tasting rooms and a souvenir wine glass, this is a unique and festive way to celebrate the month of love. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. GrapevineWineryTrail.com
- St. Patrick’s Wine Trail, March 16: Celebrate the luck of the Irish and chase the pot of gold down Main Street during our St. Patrick’s Day Wine Trail, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tickets include three wine tastings and food samplings at seven participating Grapevine winery tasting rooms and a souvenir wine glass. GrapevineWineryTrail.com
- Kiss Me, I’m Irish Express, March 16: Don your favorite green outfit and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. Tickets to the event include a “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” souvenir mug, two complimentary glasses of craft brew, heavy Irish-style hors d’oeuvres and dessert. This excursion is 21 & up only. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/KissMeImIrishExpress
- Jazz Wine Trains, March 22 and 23: Raise a glass and ride the rails on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. One of the most popular annual springtime events, this one-of-a-kind wine tasting experience features live Jazz entertainment, heavy hors d’oeuvres and dessert, a souvenir wine glass and wine tastings from Grapevine tasting rooms. This excursion is 21 & up only. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/JazzWineTrains
- Day Out With Thomas™, April 5, 6, 7 and April 12, 13 and 14: Take a journey with Thomas the Tank Engine™ at Day Out With Thomas™ on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Controller of the Railway on the Island of Sodor, as you enjoy a train ride, storytelling, videos, and Imagination Station featuring arts, crafts and more. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Thomas
- Grapevine Farmers Market, April 12 - October 19: Become a foodie in 2019 and satisfying your cravings with produce and locally-grown products from across Texas. From fruit and vegetables to homemade tamales, nuts and gourmet candies, Grapevine Farmers Market offers a variety of choices for shoppers. All new for 2019: Find an eclectic array of items including handmade jewelry, crafts, distinctive home décor and more blended into the market. Located behind the Town Square Gazebo, Fridays and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. GrapevineTexasUSA.com
- 27th Annual Blessing of the Vines and New Vintage Wine and Gallery Trail, April 13: For centuries, Old World grape growers marked the beginning of the growing season with the ceremonial Blessing of the Vines and this tradition continues in Grapevine. After the Blessing of the Vines, enjoy the New Vintage Wine and Gallery Trail, featuring tastings, food samplings and beautiful works of art. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/NewVintage
- 18th Annual Spring Into Nash, April 13: Celebrate life on the farm like Grapevine’s earliest settlers. Held at Grapevine’s historic Nash Farm, guests will enjoy heritage toys, kitchen gardening, cotton planting, farm animals, tractor-drawn wagon rides, field cultivation, wood carving demonstrations, jump rope making and wood-burning stove cooking demonstrations. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Free admission. NashFarm.org
- Nash Farm Supper, April 26: Experience the flavors of farm-fresh 19th century inspired cuisine. The evening will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a reception around the Farmhouse, featuring stations with culinary creations from the kitchen garden, smokehouse, hen house and more, along with a selection of Grapevine wines. The family-style meal will be served in the meadow and include a variety of farm fresh items. The evening also includes brief introductions of dishes by both the chef and farm historians. The Lone Star String Band will accompany the evening with 19th century music. All proceeds support education programs at Nash Farm. Tickets are $100 per person at NashFarm.org.
- 35th Annual Main Street Fest, May 17, 18 and 19: Tap into three full days of festival fun at Grapevine's Main Street Fest – A Craft Brew Experience, presented by Bank of the West. Held along Main Street, guests will experience live entertainment, craft brew tasting experiences, pre- festival pairing experiences, a children’s area, carnival and midway, wine pavilions, artisans and vendors, festival food and much more. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/MainStreetFest
- 11th Annual SummerBlast, May 24 - September 2: Blast off with family-friendly summer fun in Grapevine. Exciting activities include SummerFest at Gaylord Texan Resort, Friday Night Fireworks every Friday at 9:30 p.m. over Lake Grapevine, poolside relaxation, wineries and much more. Don’t miss the special 37th Annual July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza Show on Thursday, July 4. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Summer
- 33rd Annual GrapeFest®, September 12, 13, 14 and 15: GrapeFest – A Texas Wine Experience, presented by Bank of the West, is the largest wine festival in the Southwest U.S., celebrating the best of Texas wines, as well as wines from another region in the U.S. and an international destination. This four-day family-friendly festival features the People’s Choice Wine Tasting Classic, GrapeStomp, the Texas Wine Tribute, pre-event pairing dinners, the Champagne Terrace, KidsWorld, GrapeFest Golf Classic, GrapeFest Tennis Classic, ItalianCarFest, multiple stages of live entertainment and much more! GrapeFest.com
- Nash Farm Barn Dance, October 18: Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to swing your partner at Nash Farm’s Barn Dance. The old-fashioned 1950s-era Barn Dance features a live band leading called dances, fried chicken boxed supper, pie auction and more. Event begins at 6:30 p.m. NashFarm.org
- 19th Annual Fall Round-Up at Nash Farm, October 19: Celebrate fall on the farm at the 19th Annual Fall Round-Up at Nash Farm, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Activities include wood stove cooking demonstration, apple pie making station, historic carnival games, agriculture exposition, cotton picking, corn shelling and grinding, farm chores, heritage toys, corn shuck doll making and the last butterfly release following Butterfly Flutterby. Free admission. NashFarm.org
- 22nd Annual Butterfly Flutterby, October 19: Flap your wings and celebrate the annual migration of the monarch butterfly, from Canada to Mexico by way of Grapevine, at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens. Guests help release more than 700 tagged butterflies during three scheduled releases throughout the event. Children and pets are invited to participate in the colorful Butterfly Parade and in the costume contest. The event is from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and includes vendors, butterfly display, a children’s art contest display and awards, arts and crafts and more. Free admission. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Butterfly
- Hallo-Wine Trail, October 26: Scare up some fun along Grapevine’s Hallo-Wine Trail. This spooktacular event features three tastings and food samplings at each participating Grapevine winery tasting room and a souvenir wine glass. GrapevineWineryTrail.com
- Witches Brew Train, October 26: Celebrate Halloween on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Witches Brew Train. Tickets include two glasses of craft brew in a souvenir mug, heavy hors d'oeuvres and special entertainment. Additional brew will be available for purchase. Costumes not required, but strongly encouraged. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/WitchesBrew
- Christmas Capital of Texas®, mid-November 2019 - early January 2020: Discover the magic in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas! With more than 1,400 events in 40 days, Grapevine’s charming Christmas setting makes the city the must-visit Texas destination of the season. Millions of magical lights, enormous decorations and seasonal events perfectly capture the spirit of Christmas, creating memories that will last a lifetime. Walk through a winter wonderland at the largest ICE!® event in the state at Gaylord Texan Resort; catch snow falling inside the lobby of Great Wolf Lodge; experience the largest lighted parade in North Texas at the Parade of Lights; experience a journey to Santa’s Workshop aboard the North Pole Express®; watch beloved Classic Christmas movies at the Palace Theatre and a whole lot more. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas
Many of Grapevine’s hotels offer special rates and packages during annual festivals and events. Dates and times are subject to change. For more information, visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com or call 817.410.3185.