GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (January 13, 2020) – Officially recognized as a World Festival & Event City by the International Festival & Events Association, Grapevine, Texas will welcome nearly two million visitors to the city’s festivals and events in 2020.
- Sweetheart Wine Trail, February 8: Grab your friends or that special someone and spend the day getting to know the wineries in Grapevine during our annual Sweetheart Wine Trail. Featuring three wine tastings and food samplings at seven participating Grapevine winery tasting rooms and a souvenir wine glass, this is a unique and festive way to celebrate the month of love. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. GrapevineWineryTrail.com
- Jazz Wine Trains, TO BE RESCHEDULED: Raise a glass and ride the rails on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. One of the most popular annual springtime events, this one-of-a-kind wine tasting experience features live Jazz entertainment, hors d’oeuvres and dessert, a souvenir wine glass and wine tastings from Grapevine tasting rooms. This excursion is 21 & up only. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/JazzWineTrains
- Day Out With Thomas™, TO BE RESCHEDULED: Take a journey with Thomas the Tank Engine™ at Day Out With Thomas™ on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. Meet Sir Topham Hatt, the Controller of the Railway on the Island of Sodor, as you enjoy a train ride, storytelling, videos, and Imagination Station featuring arts, crafts and more. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Thomas
- The Grapevine Farmers and Artisans Market, April - September: Be a foodie in 2020 and satisfy your cravings with produce and locally-grown products from across Texas at the Grapevine Farmers and Artisans Market. From fruit and vegetables to homemade tamales, nuts and gourmet candies, this unique market offers a variety of choices for shoppers. Find an eclectic array of items including handmade jewelry, crafts, distinctive home décor and more blended into the market. Located at the Town Square Gazebo, Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. GrapevineTexasUSA.com
- 28th Annual Blessing of the Vines & New Vintage Wine and Gallery Trail, TO BE RESCHEDULED: For centuries, Old World grape growers marked the beginning of the growing season with the ceremonial Blessing of the Vines and this tradition continues in Grapevine. After the Blessing of the Vines, enjoy the New Vintage Wine and Gallery Trail, featuring wine tastings, food samplings and beautiful works of art. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/NewVintage
- Nash Farm Supper: Farm-to-Fork Experience, TO BE RESCHEDULED: Experience the flavors of farm-fresh 19th century inspired cuisine. The evening will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a reception around the Farmhouse, featuring stations with culinary creations from the kitchen garden, smokehouse, hen house and more, along with a selection of Grapevine wines. The family-style meal will be served in the meadow and include a variety of farm fresh items. The evening also includes brief introductions of dishes by both the chef and farm historians. The Lone Star String Band will accompany the evening with 19th century music. All proceeds support education programs at Nash Farm. Tickets are $100 per person at NashFarm.org.
- Summertime in Grapevine, May 22 - September 7: Blast off with family-friendly summer fun in Grapevine. Exciting activities include SummerFest at Gaylord Texan Resort, Friday Night Fireworks every Friday at 9:30 p.m. over Lake Grapevine, poolside relaxation, wineries and much more. Don’t miss the special 38th Annual July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza Show on Saturday, July 4. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Summer
- 34th Annual GrapeFest® – A Texas Wine Experience, September 17, 18, 19 and 20: GrapeFest – A Texas Wine Experience, is the largest wine festival in the Southwest U.S., celebrating the best of Texas wines, as well as wines from another region in the U.S. and an international destination. This four-day family-friendly festival features the People’s Choice Wine Tasting Classic, GrapeStomp, the Texas Wine Tribute, pre-event wine pairing dinners, the Champagne Terrace, KidsWorld, GrapeFest Golf Classic, GrapeFest Tennis Classic, ItalianCarFest, multiple stages of live entertainment and much more! GrapeFest.com
- Nash Farm Barn Dance, October 16: Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to swing your partner at Nash Farm’s Barn Dance. The old-fashioned 1950s-era Barn Dance features a live band leading called dances, fried chicken boxed supper, pie auction and more. Event begins at 6:30 p.m. NashFarm.org
- 20th Annual Fall Round-Up at Nash Farm, October 17: Celebrate fall on the farm at the 20th Annual Fall Round-Up at Nash Farm, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Activities include wood stove cooking demonstration, apple pie making station, historic carnival games, agriculture exposition, cotton picking, corn shelling and grinding, farm chores, heritage toys, corn shuck doll making and the last butterfly release in conjunction with Butterfly Flutterby. Free admission. NashFarm.org
- 23rd Annual Butterfly Flutterby, October 17: Flap your wings and celebrate the annual migration of the monarch butterfly, from Canada to Mexico by way of Grapevine, at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens. Guests help release more than 800 tagged butterflies during three scheduled releases throughout the event. Children and pets are invited to participate in the colorful Butterfly Parade and in the costume contest. The event is from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and includes vendors, butterfly display, a children’s art contest with awards, arts and crafts and more. Free admission. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Butterfly
- HalloWine Trail, October 24: Scare up some fun along Grapevine’s HalloWine Trail. This spooktacular event features three tastings and food samplings at each participating Grapevine winery tasting room and a souvenir wine glass. GrapevineWineryTrail.com
- Witches Brew Train, October 31: Celebrate Halloween on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Witches Brew Train. Tickets include two glasses of craft brew in a souvenir mug, heavy hors d'oeuvres and special entertainment. Additional brew will be available for purchase. Costumes not required, but strongly encouraged. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/WitchesBrew
- Christmas Capital of Texas®, mid-November 2020 - early January 2021: The Christmas Capital of Texas is back and bigger than ever! With 1,400 events in 40 days, Grapevine is Texas’ must- visit destination of the season. Perfectly capture the merriment of Christmas as you walk among millions of twinkling lights, enormous decorations and seasonal events, and create memories to last a lifetime. Gaze up at 2 million pounds of ice in the ICE!® exhibit at Gaylord Texan Resort; experience a journey to Santa’s Workshop on board the North Pole Express®; watch beloved classic Christmas movies and see magical Christmas performances at the Palace Theatre; sip and mingle with a festive jingle on the Christmas Wine Trains; and a whole lot more! Make plans now to join the more than one million guests who visit the Christmas Capital of Texas for exciting events and activities because it’s more merry in Grapevine. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas
Many of Grapevine’s hotels offer special rates and packages during annual festivals and events. Event dates and times are subject to change. For more information, visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com or call 817.410.3185.