Experience seasonal family-friendly fun at 1,400 events in 40 days
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (November 19, 2019) – The Christmas Capital of Texas is back and bigger than ever! With 1,400 events in 40 days, Grapevine is Texas’ must-visit destination of the season. Perfectly capture the merriment of Christmas as you walk among millions of twinkling lights, enormous decorations and seasonal events, and create memories to last a lifetime. Gaze up at Charlie Brown and Co. carved into 2 million pounds of ice in the ICE!® exhibit at Gaylord Texan Resort; experience a journey to Santa’s Workshop on board the North Pole Express®, presented by Great Wolf Lodge; watch beloved classic Christmas movies and see magical Christmas performances at the Palace Theatre; sip and mingle with a festive jingle on the Christmas Wine Trains, presented by Hilton; and a whole lot more! Make plans now to join the more than one million guests who visit the Christmas Capital of Texas for exciting events and activities because it’s more merry in Grapevine.
See What Christmas is All About at Gaylord Texan Resort’s Lone Star Christmas and ICE!: Gaylord Texan Resort’s Lone Star Christmas brings the joy of Christmas to life! Be amazed this Christmas season with more than two million twinkling lights, an amazing 54-foot-tall Christmas tree, 15,000 ornaments, an 8-foot-tall gingerbread house, cookies and milk with Mrs. Claus, and ICE!, featuring A Charlie Brown Christmas, carved from more than two million pounds of ice. The beautiful ice sculptures are hand-carved by a team of remarkably talented master ice artisans from Harbin, China and feature magical holiday scenes, brilliant characters, “On the Blocks” ice bar (21 and up) and six two-story tall ice slides. The 17,500-square-foot attraction is kept at a wintry 9 degrees and the resort provides complimentary parkas, but bring your own mittens and hats. Additional fun activities include an outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Snow Tubing, Gingerbread Decorating Corner and so much more! For more information and to purchase tickets, visit ChristmasAtGaylordTexan.com, November 15 - January 5, 2020.
Discover the Magic of Christmas On Board the North Pole Express, presented by Great Wolf Lodge: There’s no better place to discover the magic of Christmas than on board the Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s North Pole Express! Guests are presented with a Souvenir Ticket as they begin their journey to the North Pole. As guests board the North Pole Express, Santa’s elves greet them with a Memory Mug of Santa’s special Frosty Chocolate Snow Milk. After being seated, guests are served a delicious Christmas cookie to enjoy on the way to Reindeer Ridge. When the train arrives at Reindeer Ridge, Mrs. Claus boards and presents each child with a “We Believe” silver bell. The train continues on to the North Pole where, upon arrival, guests stroll through the snowy North Pole Forest, making their way to Santa’s workshop. Once inside the Workshop, Santa, Mrs. Claus and a cast of jovial elves perform a Broadway-style Christmas performance sharing in the kindness of the season before wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Following the magical Christmas performance, North Pole Express guests receive a voucher for a COMPLIMENTARY photo with Santa. November 29 and 30; and December 1, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23. Ticket prices are $28 for the Silver Coach, $34 for Touring Class and $38 for First Class, and are per person. More information available at GVRR.com.
Be Merry in the North Pole Neighborhood: Guests can explore the North Pole Neighborhood where all good little girls and boys can visit real, live reindeer in Santa’s barn; ride a Vintage Carousel; create take-home projects at the Grapevine Tin Shop, Cotton Belt Section Foreman House and Millican’s Blacksmith Shop; enjoy festival food; and hear Christmas stories with Santa during Story Time with Santa, December 4 and 10 from 3 - 4 p.m., and December 12 from 3 - 3:45 p.m. Tickets are $25 per child. For more information and to purchase reservations for Story Time with Santa, visit MainStreetSanta.com.
The Snow’s Falling Down at Great Wolf Lodge’s Snowland: Bring joy to your family this Christmas season with uninterrupted time together under the enchanting spell of Snowland at Great Wolf Lodge. Guests at this family-friendly resort will get swept away in the holiday spirit with twinkling lights, holiday trees and indoor snow showers along with special visits from Santa, cookie decorating events and dining inside of a life-size Gingerbread House. Fun-filled Frosty Fest activities are available for families to participate in during Snowland, along with the Great Clock Tower show and nightly Snowland-themed Story Time. Apart from the Snowland activities, families can “melt-away” in the comfortable 84-degree weather found in the resort’s massive indoor waterpark or warm libation from a Hot Cocoa Bar in the lobby. For information and reservations, visit GreatWolf.com, November 30 - January 5, 2020.
Celebrate a Bricktacular Holiday at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and See Scuba Diving Santa at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium: Don’t miss your chance to meet LEGO® Santa at LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s Holiday Bricktacular, December 7-24. Put your skills to the test and help our Master Model Builder create a Holiday Quilt, write letters to Santa and more! Dive into SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium and find out if you’ve been naughty or nice when Scuba Diving Santa returns! Dives take place at 11:30 a.m. December 10, 14, 17 and 21.
Spread Christmas Cheer with the Grapevine Christmas Passport: Explore Grapevine's enchanting past with the Grapevine Christmas Passport – Elf Adventure. Experience 175 years of Christmas spirit by visiting Historic Grapevine and participate in the unique hands-on activities below. Capture the magic of Christmas and take home handmade projects, including stamping a brass luggage or gift tag at Millican’s Blacksmith Shop; making a piece of metal tinsel for your tree at the Grapevine Tin Shop at the Bragg House; decorate a wooden Christmas train ornament at the Cotton Belt Route Section Foreman House; and visiting the Hometown Christmas exhibit, where you can snap memorable photos, inside the Visitor Information Center. November 29 - December 12, Tuesday - Thursday, 4 - 8 p.m., and Friday - Sunday, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. December 13 - December 23, open daily, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. Passports are $8 ($10 value). Note: the passport does not include riding a vintage carousel and visiting Santa’s live reindeer. For more information, visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
Have a Very Merry “Instagrammable” Christmas: Take a walk down memory lane by visiting Grapevine’s Hometown Christmas exhibit located in the Tower Gallery inside Grapevine’s Visitor Information Center! Christmas is a whimsical time of year; the sights, the sounds, and the smells make it easy to get swept away in the memories of it all. Relive those childhood traditions you love by strolling through vintage vignettes showcasing the charm and spirit of a classic town preparing for Christmas. Grapevine’s Hometown Christmas exhibit will have plenty of picture-perfect moments while becoming a holiday must and delighting the kid in all of us! November 19 – January 5, 2020. Entrance fee of $1. Grapevine’s Tower Gallery is located at 636 S. Main St. For more information, visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
Gift A Few of Their Favorite Things: Make your list, check it twice and shop for all those who are naughty and nice! With shopping options for every taste and budget in Grapevine, you’re sure to find a little something for everyone.
- Historic Downtown Grapevine is filled with more than 80 locally-owned shops, boutiques, jewelry stores, winery tasting rooms, home décor studios, collectible shops and more! Stores such as The British Emporium, Good Things For All Seasons, Crowned by Grace, Palm Tree Boutique, Bermuda Gold & Silver, The Spice & Tea Exchange and many more will delight even the most seasoned shopper!
- Shop ‘til you drop at Grapevine Mills! With shopping from 6 p.m. - 1 a.m. on Thanksgiving night (hours are 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Friday, November 29) and a variety of exciting holiday events, Grapevine Mills offers even the most dedicated shopper a holiday paradise. The 1.8 million square feet of shopping euphoria includes popular spots such as Coach, Michael Kors, Vera Bradley, Disney Store Outlet, H&M, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Gap, Gymboree, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call and many more! Special Santa events include Santa’s arrival at his brand new home located near Converse Courtyard, November 8; Caring Santa (Available for children with disabilities who prefer a calm and less crowded Santa experience), Sunday, December 8, 9:30 - 11 a.m.; Pet Photos with Santa, November 24, 7 - 8:30 p.m.; and Breakfast with Santa at Rainforest Café, December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 and 22, 8 - 10 a.m. Reservations required through Eventbrite.
- Put the spirit of the outdoors in your Christmas season at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. Enjoy Santa’s Wonderland featuring old-time model trains, arcades and free crafts every week. Santa arrives November 16 and will be onsite daily through December 24.
- And shopping traditionalists will love Grapevine Towne Center, home to brands such as Target, Ross Dress for Less, Haltom’s Jewelers and more.
Sip A Little Christmas at Dr. Sue’s Hot Chocolate Happy Hour: Chocolate and Christmas go hand-in-hand, so be sure to savor the chocolatey Christmas flavors at Dr. Sue’s Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bar and Happy Hour. From 3-5 p.m. daily, the aromas of delicious, hand-crafted hot chocolates linger in the air, inviting even the most discriminating palate. The Hot Chocolate Barista serves top quality European cocoa in flavors such as Peppermint, Mexican Spice and Old Fashioned hot chocolate with customizable toppings, like marshmallows, whipped cream and spices. Pricing starts at $4.50 per person. November 25 - December 23. 417 S. Main St.
Melt Glass On an Open Fire at Vetro Glassblowing Studio: Jack Frost won’t be nipping at your nose inside Vetro Glassblowing Studio. Bring the entire family and create your own personally designed ornament choosing from five pre-selected colors or Vetro’s full color palette, depending on the event. Kids of all ages are welcome to the Traditional Ornament Help Create, but must be 14 years of age or older to participate in the Extreme Ornament Help Create. Any person under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. November 15 – December 28. Pricing is $30 for the Traditional Ornament Help Create and $50 for the Extreme Ornament Help Create, taxes not included. For more information, call 817.251.1668 or visit VetroArtGlass.com. 701 S. Main St., Ste. 103.
Memorable Christmas Performances and Classic Christmas Movies at the Palace Theatre: Get your tickets now for your traditional favorites, new and old, at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre! All ages will love sharing in all the seasonal fun at this beloved venue. Tickets can be purchased at Palace-Theatre.com or by calling 817.410.3100. 300 S. Main St.
- The Texas Tenors “Deep in the Heart of Christmas”: From seasonal favorites, like "O Holy Night" and "Joy to the World," to The Righteous Brothers' crowd pleaser "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" and original hit "Bootdaddy," The Texas Tenors bring a unique blend of music to the stage with thrilling harmonies and award-winning arrangements. Make this Christmas magical by celebrating with The Texas Tenors! Tickets are $44. December 10-13, 7:30 p.m.; and December 11-13, 2 p.m.
- “A Rockin’ Elvis Christmas” starring Kraig Parker and the Royal Tribute Band: Kick off the holiday season with “A Rockin’ Elvis Christmas” starring Kraig Parker and the Royal Tribute Band. Experience the joyful Christmas classics and timeless hits of Elvis Presley performed by one of the world’s leading tribute artists. Backed by the electric 10-piece Royal Tribute Band, this show will have you doing the Jingle Bell Rock in the aisles. Parker’s looks, charisma, moves and voice are the reason many have called Parker the closest thing there is to the King. This is a show for the entire family, complete with a visit from Santa. Elvis has not left the building! Tickets start at $25. Kids 12 and under, $15. Sunday, December 1 at 4 p.m.
- William Lee Martin’s “The Nutcracker,” A Christmas Standup Spectacular: Comedian William Lee Martin brings his Christmas Standup Comedy Spectacular, “The Nutcracker,” to the Palace Theatre. It’s adult humor without the adult language. The show is high energy and guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit! Tickets are $29. Friday, December 6 at 8 p.m.
- “A Merry Little Christmas Show” with Ricki Derek: Ricki Derek and his swinging Ho, Ho, Ho Orchestra return to the historically-swanky Palace Theatre for one great night. In its 11th year, Derek’s “A Merry Little Christmas Show” continues to be the best holiday tradition around. Drawing inspiration from Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bing Crosby’s Christmas TV specials, “A Merry Little Christmas Show” is like a time capsule with a wink and a nod. Ricki croons your favorite Christmas tunes backed by his amazing orchestra and a few special guests. His one-of-a-kind stage presence and sense of humor will take all the stress out of the holidays and put a smile on your face. Tickets start at $27. Saturday, December 7 at 8 p.m.
- Rocky Gribble presents “A Grapevine Opry Christmas”: We all have traditions but those associated with our most beloved holiday of the year carry special meaning. This year will mark the 32nd Annual Grapevine Opry Christmas show at the Palace Theatre. “A Grapevine Opry Christmas” is filled with holiday music, both new and old, and offers an incredible yuletide experience for fans. Whether you are a faithful follower or are discovering the show for the first time, you’ll find the show never fails to illustrate the story of Christmas, and may possibly inspire a new holiday tradition. And remember, sun or snow, there is always a Christmas celebration in store at “A Grapevine Opry Christmas.” Tickets $25. Saturday, December 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Classic Christmas Movies: Watch beloved Classic Christmas movies this season at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre. Tickets $6. Movies include Home Alone (1990), November 30 at 7:30 p.m. and December 20 at 2 p.m.; A Christmas Carol (1951), December 2 at 7 p.m.; Holiday Inn (1942), December 4 at 7 p.m.; Miracle on 34th Street (1947), December 8 at 2 p.m. and December 15 at 7 p.m.; It’s a Wonderful Life (1946), December 8, 16, 21 and 23 at 7 p.m.; White Christmas (1954), December 9, 17, 19 and 22 at 7 p.m.; Scrooged (1988), December 15 at 2 p.m.; The Santa Clause (1994), December 18 and 22 at 2 p.m.; A Christmas Story (1983), December 18 at 7 p.m.; The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992), December 19 at 2 p.m.; National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989), December 20 at 7 p.m.; Elf (2003), December 21 at 2 p.m.; an animated double feature of A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966), December 16 and 23 at 2 p.m. and December 21 at 11 a.m.; and an animated double feature of Frosty the Snowman (1966) and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964), December 17 at 2 p.m. and December 22 at 11 a.m.
Make Spirits Bright with A Nash Farm Christmas: Experience how Grapevine’s earliest settlers celebrated Christmas at Nash Farm. On Saturday, December 14, from 1 - 4 p.m., join the farmhands for a family-friendly celebration including ornament-making, listening to traditional music, refreshments and more at the Farmstead Christmas Celebration. $5 per person. On Thursday, December 20 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., enjoy Nash Farm’s Christmas Parlor Sociable with coffee, tea and sweets along with parlor games. $15 per person; advance tickets only. Throughout the season, from November 29 - December 31, participate in Christmas Ornament Making and Cookie Baking at the Farm, daily events from 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 626 Ball St. Visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Nash-Farm for more information.
Make Yours a Vintage Christmas at Settlement to City Museums: Pioneer and Victorian era crafts, activities and stories are only a handful of ways to make yours a vintage Christmas at Grapevine’s Settlement to City Museum. Create and mail your own Grapevine-themed Hometown Holiday greeting card, construct Victorian-era decorations and enjoy a bit of history in the Christmas Capital of Texas. Special events include Christmas with the Keelings, December 14, 1 - 3 p.m., $5 per person; Tales of a Victorian Christmas, December 21, 4 - 5:30 p.m., $5 per person; Victorian Christmas Card Printing, November 30, 1 - 3 p.m., $5 per person; and November 29 - December 30, Thursdays - Saturdays, Christmas Card Printing, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., $3 per card. 206 W. Hudgins St. For more information, visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
Watch Christmas Parades on Land and Water: If you’re a fan of parades, Grapevine is the place to be this holiday season.
- On December 5 at 7 p.m., bring the entire family to the Parade of Lights. This Grapevine tradition features more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands. Look for Santa Claus on the last float! This annual tradition welcomes thousands of visitors each year so come claim your spot early along Main Street. The theme for this year is Making the Season Bright. Free.
- For water parade fun, see the beautiful Twinkle Light Boat Parade. It's a floating festival of lights on Lake Grapevine with a parade of boats decorated in their holiday finest! This lighted boat parade starts at Twin Coves Marina and picks up entries at each marina, Scott’s Landing and Silver Lake, as it circles the lake. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine. December 7, 6 - 9 p.m. Free.
Christmas is Here Bringing Good Cheer at the Carol of Lights: Experience the spirit of Christmas with family and friends at Grapevine’s 32nd Annual Carol of Lights in Historic Downtown! The event features live performances, dazzling dance numbers, breathtaking fireworks and Mayor William D. Tate “flipping the switch” on the Christmas Capital of Texas. ALL NEW for 2019: The audience can be part of this year’s light show! Download the ‘CUE Live’ app on your smartphone or mobile device to enjoy an interactive experience throughout the show. Arrive early to take pictures with Santa and live reindeer, sled down SNOW HILL, create seasonal crafts and savor tasty food. All family activities are free. Activities begin at 4 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m. in front of Grapevine City Hall on Monday, November 25. For more information, visit GoGrapevine.com/CarolofLights. Admission to this event is free. 200 S. Main St.
Good Tidings Found in Texas Star Dinner Theater’s Unseasonable Greedings: ‘Tis the season to be jolly at the Texas Star Dinner Theater, or at least it would be if it weren’t for Newman Marcus Saks V and his Unseasonable Greedings! The greedy owner of the new mega market in town has robbed every one of their Christmas cheer. His holiday wish list is completely unreasonable and his demands utterly unseasonable. All Marshal Courtright wants to do is go home, relax by the fire, and await Santa’s arrival. But with a murder to solve, his plans are evaporating faster than a snowman in July. This is one interactive murder mystery dinner experience that will be of good cheer this holiday season! Tickets are $59.95 per person (not including tax and gratuity). November 22, 23, 29 and 30; and December 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28 and 29. For tickets, visit TexasStarDinnerTheater.com. 816 S. Main St.
Explore the World of Whoville: This season, visit Whoville at Grapevine’s Town Square Gazebo (325 S. Main St.). Visit Who-houses, post office, you know WHO’s lair and your favorite Whoville characters in cut-out form just waiting for your family photos all season long. And don’t forget, each evening there’s a 100% chance of snow flurries. November 25 – January 4, 2020.
Be Enchanted by the Beauty of Christmas on Main: Experience Christmas on Main this season and enjoy the beautiful backdrop of the Victorian-style buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths, all set aglow with twinkling lights. Climb aboard tractor-drawn wagon rides behind the Town Square Gazebo, 325 S. Main St. The ride will take you through the seasonally decorated historic neighborhood on the east side of Main Street. Tractor-drawn wagon rides are $1 per person. November 29 and 30; and December 1, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22. Fridays, 2 - 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon - 5 p.m. and Sundays, 1 - 4 p.m.
Shop Local at the Christmas Market: Shop locally and regionally sourced produce, baked goods, local cheese, nuts, gift baskets and more at the Grapevine Christmas Market, Town Square Gazebo. November 29 and 30; and December 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21. Open daily from 2 - 9 p.m. Visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas for more information. 325 S. Main St.
A Holly, Jolly Warhammer Citadel Christmas: Join the Warhammer Citadel team for fun holiday-themed building, painting and gaming activities during the Warhammer Citadel Christmas. For anyone curious about the Warhammer Citadel Store & Café, this is the perfect time to pay the them a visit and ask the team about gaming and create the ultimate gift list. While you’re there, enjoy a hot cup of cider, coffee or tea. November 23 – January 1, 2020. Celebrate the season with the Bigger Citadel Christmas Party, December 14 and 15, a weekend long Christmas party hosted by Warhammer Citadel. This will be the biggest Secret Santa gift exchange and will feature several holiday-themed activities such as painting contests and games. All activities are free. 616 S. Main St.
It’s the Most Flavorful Time of the Year: From tasty to trendy, find your holiday favorites in Grapevine. With flavor-packed dishes at more than 200 restaurants, bistros and cafés, Grapevine offers a variety of cuisines at prices to fit a range of budgets. Or, stop by one of Grapevine’s winery tasting rooms along the Urban Wine Trail for a glass of wine and refreshments before merrily continuing your Christmas Capital of Texas experience.
HOLIDAY HOTEL PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE. With so many events in the Christmas Capital of Texas, you’ll want to spend the night to experience it all! For additional information, please contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 817.410.3185 or visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
ICE! featuring A Charlie Brown Christmas and all related elements © & ™ under license to Character Arts, LLC. All rights reserved