The sun is coming out just in time for our 21st Annual Butterfly Flutterby and we couldn’t be more excited! Here are some helpful tips for Butterfly Flutterby.
- Butterfly Flutterby is from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. and happens rain or shine! So c’mon out and have a fluttery good time :)
- The Butterfly Parade has an ALL NEW starting location this year. Registration for all butterflies will take place in the parking lot behind the Grapevine Visitors Information Center where the Parade will start. Registration begins at 8:45 a.m. for a 10 a.m. start time.
- The half mile Butterfly Parade route travels down West Hudgins Street from the Grapevine Visitor Information Center, right onto Bellaire Drive, left onto West College Street and right onto South Scribner Street before ending at the Grapevine Botanical Gardens where the remainder of the event takes place.
- Children and dogs are invited to wear their favorite butterfly costume during and after the Parade. Prizes will be awarded for the best costume by age group (children only). Adults can join in the fun and wear costumes, too.
- Admission is free, however, some activities may require a small fee.
- Don’t worry about getting hungry or thirsty…concessions and refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Enjoy butterfly crafts, butterfly exhibits, the Science Station, interactive games, a scavenger hunt, face painting and more.
- A total of four butterfly releases will happen throughout the event. These will take place in the Grapevine Botanical Gardens at 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., with the final release happening at 1:30 p.m., across the street, at Nash Farm during the 18th Annual Fall Round-Up.
We look forward to celebrating Fall with all of you!