This January, celebrate classic films on the big screen at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre. Movie screenings you can look forward to in January include:
- Friday, January 5 – “Goldfinger” (APP - 1964). Special agent 007 comes face to face with one of the most notorious villains of all time, and must outwit and outgun the powerful tycoon to prevent him from obliterating the world's economy.
- Friday, January 12 – “Secondhand Lions" (Rated PG - 2003). A shy adolescent boy spends the summer with his two great-uncles who are rumored to possess a great fortune. At first, the two old men find Walter's presence a nuisance, but they eventually warm up to the boy and regale him with tall tales from their past. In return, Walter helps reawaken their youthful spirit.
- Saturday, January 13 - "The Sting" (Rated PG-13 - 1973). Two grifters team up to pull off the ultimate con.
- Friday, January 19– “National Treasure” (Rated PG - 2004). A historian races to find the legendary Templar Treasure before a team of mercenaries.
- Saturday, January 20 - "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (Rated PG - 1981). Archaeologist and adventurer Indiana Jones is hired by the U.S. government to find the Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis.
- Friday, January 26 – “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" (Rated PG - 2004). It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts; not only does he have a new "Defense Against the Dark Arts" teacher, but there is also trouble brewing. Convicted murderer Sirius Black has escaped the Wizards' Prison and is coming after Harry.
- Saturday, January 27 - "The Birds" (Rated PG - 1963). A wealthy San Francisco socialite pursues a potential boyfriend to a small Northern California town that slowly takes a turn for the bizarre when birds of all kinds suddenly begin to attack people.
Movies begins promptly at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $6 per person. For more information about Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre or to purchase tickets, call 817-410-3100 or visit www.Palace-Theatre.com. We hope to see you there!