We are urging our residents and visitors alike to help reduce potential community spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) by implementing the following:
- If you have recently traveled, individuals and families are advised to monitor your health and report any signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, which may include fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath to your primary care physician.
- Everyone should wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom. Also, wash them before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If there’s no soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Stay isolated when you are sick.
- Cover your cough and/or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch often with a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
The public is encouraged to monitor the city’s website (GrapevineTexas.gov) and City managed social media outlets for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and the status of city-sponsored events and closures.
The Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau is championing the process to allow all Grapevine Hotel partners to pursue the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation. GBAC STAR is the gold standard of safe facilities, providing third-party validation that ensures facilities implement strict protocols for biorisk situations. GBAC STAR is an outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation. The program establishes requirements to assist facilities with work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.
Grapevine is committed to being a GBAC STAR Community and the latest facilities to receive accreditation are Gaylord Texan Resort, Hilton DFW Lakes, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau World Headquarters Building and the Historic Palace Theatre.