July 4th in Grapevine
Grapevine is the place to be to celebrate America's birthday!
On Wednesday, July 4th, Grapevine celebrates in true patriotic style with the 36th Annual July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza.
Time: 9:30 p.m.
Location: Lake Grapevine
Cost: Free (note some private businesses or private docks/parks may charge a parking or entrance fee of which the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau or City of Grapevine has no control over)
SUGGESTED VIEWING AREAS:
- Acorn Woods Park
- Field next to Scott's Landing Marina - Private paid parking, not City of Grapevine
- Oak Grove Park Baseball and Soccer parking lots, opening at 2 p.m.
- Oak Grove Park - Minnow Loop and Trawick Are
- Katie's Woods Park
- Lakeview Park - $10 / car, All areas including pavilions and picnic shelters are first come, first serve. No "In & Out"* on July 4th
- McPherson Slough
- Municipal Service Center Parking Lot
- Rockledge Park - $20 / car holiday rate, all areas including pavilions and picnic shelters are first come, first serve. No "In & Out"* on July 4th
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins - Closed to the public but accessible to registered guests.
- Silver Lake Marina Park - Private paid parking, not City of Grapevine. Call 817-481-1918 for more information.
- Meadowmere Park**- $10 / car holiday rate, all areas including pavilions and picnic shelters are first come, first serve. Altitude H2O Water Park will be operating on a walk-up basis only, on July 4th, with no advance reservations.
- All boat ramps managed by the City are open with the exception of Sand Bass Point.
- The top floor of the Gaylord parking garage is closed to the public. Due to construction of the new expansion, the garage will not be utilized as a "viewing deck" this year. It will only be utilized as parking for convention and hotel guests.
- *No "In & Out" means that if a person leaves the premises for any reason and decides to come back, they will have to pay an additional entry fee. Re-entry is also not guaranteed, as the park may be at capacity when they return.
- **Meadowmere Park is a unique viewing location. While it is farther away from the Grapevine-produced fireworks show, spectators can see 4 or 5 additional fireworks shows taking place in the area.
- A "Lake Parks Pass" can be used at the paid parks on July 4, as long as the park has not reached capacity. Historically, all lake parks have reached capacity well before evening and some earlier in the day than others.
- Grills and alcohol are allowed in the Lake Parks, but glass containers of any kind are not.
- All picnic shelters and large pavilions throughout the Lake Parks are first come, first serve and not available for rent.
We've got music to match the show and you can stream it from this page!
Follow the steps below to enjoy the show to the fullest! (Note: please check your data availability before beginning a stream or download. The Grapevine CVB is not responsible for cell phone charges for extra data use outside of your standard cellular plan.)
PLAY VIA SOUNDCLOUD
- OPTION 1: If you don't have the Soundcloud app installed, click on the black "Listen In Browser" button. Please allow up to 15 seconds for the song to buffer.
- OPTION 2: If you have the Soundcloud app, click on the orange "Play on Soundcloud" button. The app should automatically open. Please allow up to 15 seconds for the song to buffer.
- The Soundcloud app is free to download for in the Apple and Android stores. It is free to register for an account but is not required to activate the app.
- If you have the app but have not registered an account, the song should still play. You may see a screen that says "create an account" while the song is playing. Click on the button, and then on the next screen click on "cancel" in the corner. This should display the standard playback controls.
Please note that some viewing areas have less cell phone signal than others. It is suggested you check how many bars of service you have and even practice starting the music to see how long it takes to begin playing in the case that buffer times are 30 seconds or longer due to lower cell service signal. We suggest hitting "play" at 9:29 p.m. and then pausing the track to be prepared to hit play once the first shell goes into the air so that the song has appropriate time to buffer.
When you see the first firework go into the air, hit play!! -