Thank you for celebrating wine and the golden age of travel with us at the 33rd Annual GrapeFest® - A Texas Wine Experience, presented by the Bank of the West. Be sure to mark your calendars for the 34th Annual GrapeFest on September 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2020. We hope to see you again next year!
Explore wines of the 45th parallel from the Traverse Wine Coast of Michigan inside the Liberty Park Plaza Wine Experience, sponsored by Gaylord Texan Resort. In this one-of-a-kind, separate ticketed event at GrapeFest®, guests receive a souvenir wine glass and six one-ounce tastings from visiting wineries.
Tickets: $15 per person
Ticket does not include festival admission
Tasting hours are as follows:
Thursday, September 12 // 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday, September 13 // 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 14 // 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 15 // Noon to 6 p.m.
ABOUT THE TRAVERSE WINE COAST OF MICHIGAN
Two American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) make up the Traverse Wine Coast – Leelanau Peninsula and Old Mission Peninsula. With vineyards covering more than 1,700 acres within the two AVAs, more than fifty percent of Michigan’s wine grapes are grown in the Traverse Wine Coast. Sitting on the 45th parallel, the varietals the 40+ wineries grow and produce are similar to France’s Burgundy, Champagne, Alsace and Loire Valley, Germany, Austria and the Piedmont Region of Italy. The visiting Traverse Wine Coast wineries at GrapeFest are from the Leelanau and Old Mission Peninsulas in Northern Michigan and include Chateau Grand Traverse, Brys Estate Vineyard and Winery, Shady Lane Cellars, Black Star Farms, L. Mawby Vineyards, 45 North Vineyard & Winery, Mari Vineyards, Brengman Brothers and Verterra Winery.
Check back regularly for additional information about participating wineries from the Traverse Wine Coast of Michigan!
45 North Vineyard & Winery
- 2017 Reserve Riesling: This dry Riesling has flavors of peach, mango and ripe tropical notes. Partially barrel-aged, it has a softer mouth feel with subtle oak.
Black Star Farms Old Mission
- Delighted Sparkling Brut: Flavors of red berries are complemented by a sweet lush fruity finish. Think cotton candy.
- 2017 Arcturos Sur Lie Chardonnay: This unoaked Chardonnay has bright flavors of apple, citrus and pear complemented by lively acidity followed by a clean finish.
- 2016 Arcturos Pinot Noir: This wine has aromas of violets and plums followed by fruit-forward flavors of dark cherries and currants, all complemented by a spicy complexity.
- 2018 Arcturos Pinot Noir Rosé: A classic dry rosé with strawberry aromas, delicate red fruit on the palate complemented by subtle minerality and a clean finish.
- 2018 Sauvignon Blanc: Fresh hints of cut grass and garden greens with touch of rose petals. A creamy mouth feel with a touch of acidity right at the tongue.
- 2016 Riesling Beerenauslese: Seductively fresh, delicious, pear and apple fruit notes and comfortably sweet.
Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery
- 2017 Dry Riesling Reserve: This dry Riesling has stone fruit aromatics of white peach and apricot with a soft mouth feel and a slight tropical finish.
- 2017 Riesling Gris Blend: This Riesling/Gris is a blend of 50% Riesling and 50% Pinot Gris and has tropical aromas of melon, grapefruit and peaches with balanced soft acidity on the finish.
- 2017 Pinot Noir: 100% Estate grown. This wine boasts black cherry, white pepper and spice on the nose. The palate is viscous and luscious with a long finish of fruit, spice and French Oak.
Chateau Grand Traverse
- 2017 Grü Vin Grüner Veltliner: This medium-bodied, fruit forward Grüner Veltliner “Grü-Vee” is a laid back wine with lemon and lime qualities, flinty minerality and hints of white pepper followed by a clean, off-dry finish.
- 2017 Riesling Block 12: This off-dry Riesling offers a combination of mineral, fruit-forward aromatics, delicate citrus, ripe melon, pineapple and viscosity.
Good Harbor Vineyards
- 2017 Unoaked Chardonnay: This Chardonnay is bright and crisp with ripe Apple flavors with a round rich mid-palate.
- Simplicissimus Sparkling Riesling: Ripe apples, candied pineapple, lemongrass. Dry, crisp, with fruit quality.
- 2016 Grüner Veltliner: Light white pepper, herbal, bright, and clean. Think green flavors and celery seeds.
- 2017 Troglodyte Rosso: Blended with bramble berry Pinot Noir and herbal Merlot, this wine features ripe and rich black cherry flavors, dark gritty tannins and mouthwatering acidity with light oak on the finish.
MAWBY Vineyards and Winery
- Blanc Brut: Clean appley aromas, zesty, stylish and refined, this wine has flavors of citrons, brioche, and delicate fruit and is lively on the palate with a light, clean finish.
Shady Lane Cellars
- 2016 Blaufränkisch: This wine is fruitful with rustic blackberry and mulberry, long, lacy tannins and a pop of acidity while black pepper notes carry throughout with a finish of cedar spice.
- 2016 Cab Franc: French oak carries notes of violets, cassis and pomegranate. Long tannins bring length and structure balanced with acidity.
- 2015 Pinot Noir: This pinot noir is reminiscent of a classic burgundy red with a nice cherry, peppery profile and long finish.
- General Information
- Wine Experiences
- Vendors - Food, Art & More