Be sure to mark your calendars for the 34th Annual GrapeFest® - A Texas Wine Experience on September 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2020.
Explore wines of the 45th parallel from the Piedmont Region of Italy inside the Liberty Park Plaza Wine Experience, sponsored by Gaylord Texan Resort. In this one-of-a-kind, separate ticketed event at GrapeFest®, guests receive a souvenir wine glass and six one-ounce tastings from visiting wineries.
Tickets: $15 per person
Ticket does not include festival admission
Tasting hours are as follows:
Thursday, September 12 // 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday, September 13 // 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 14 // 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 15 // Noon to 6 p.m.
ABOUT THE PIEDMONT REGION OF ITALY
Located in northwest Italy, the Piedmont Region is approximately 9,802-square-miles in size and nestled at the foot of the Alps on three sides. The region borders Switzerland to the northeast, the Aosta Valley to the northwest, France to the west, Liguria to the south and Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna to the east. Of Italy’s 20 wine regions, Piedmont is the most acclaimed and sixth highest producer by volume in the country. The region is known for producing Barolo and Barbaresco wines which come from the Nebbiolo grape.
- 2012 Le Brume Langhe Rosso: A complex wine with notes of cherry and currant, black fruits, such as blueberry, and spicy notes. Great softness and volume at taste, pleasant tannins with a light, pleasant and characteristic bitterness at the end.
- 2016 Moscato d’Asti: A sweet flavor and scented bouquet make this bubbly wine a fresh and easy alternative to heavier wines.
- 2016 Barbera d’Alba: The color is an intense ruby red with a vinous aroma, very delicate, with notes of red fruit and a slightly tannic taste with good acidity when young. When slightly aged the wine acquires a softer and more elegant taste.
Beni di Batasiolo
- NV Moscato: Straw yellow in color. Very intense aromas of rose, fish, white fruit, apricot, figs and orange flowers. A gentle mouthfeel that is fresh, wide-ranging and of great elegance.
- NV Barolo: This wine is made from Nebbiolo grapes and is deep garnet red. Aromas of dried fruit, flowers, spices, sweets and delicate herbs. The mouthfeel is elegant with a perfect balance between tannins, freshness and alcoholic content.
- NV Gavi: This straw yellow wine with green highlights has a delicate bouquet. The mouthfeel is fresh, dry and elegant with slight almond overtones.
- NV Brut: Made from 80% Pinot Nero for flavor and body, with 20% Chardonnay for elegance and added complexity, this vibrant sparkler offers delicate, appealing aromas of apple, mature pear, toast and bread crust that carry over to the expressive palate along with a note of citrus zest. An elegant continuous perlage accompanies the creamy flavors while a note of toasted hazelnut wraps up the finish.
- NV Sparkling Rosé: Bright and refreshing, this sparkler opens with aromas of red berry and a whiff of cake spice. Made entirely with Pinot Nero, the vibrant palate offers strawberry, raspberry and a cinnamon note alongside crisp acidity.
- NV Barolo: A full-boded polished red, displaying tobacco, leather and spice on the nose, eucalyptus and muted cherry flavors, backed by a dense matrix of chewy tannins that harmonize with flavors of blackberry.
- Moscato: Straw yellow in color, the nose has notes of acacia honey and hawthorn blossoms. The full palate is vigorous and elegant with a pleasing and fresh balanced finish.
- Barabaresco: The nose it complex with licorice, a hint of roses, spices and raspberry. The palate is mouth-filling, yet delicate and harmonious, with a velvety texture, great clarity and a long, elegant finish.
- Nebbiolo d’Alba Occhetti: This garnet-tinged, ruby red wine has an elegant nose with notes of raspberries, roses and licorice. The palate is ample, balanced and has great tannic persistence.
- Moscato d’Asti Nivole: Floral aromas, with notes of peach and apricot. The mouthfeel is creamy and fragrant with a pleasant fine bubble and a finish which is particularly fresh.
- Castello Banfi Gavi Pincipessa Gavia: Intense fresh bouquet of pineapple and green apple. Well-balanced with gentle acidity and a delicate, dry finish.
- Barbera d’Asti Le Orme: Medium bodied and robust with rich, ripe fruit on the nose and an elegant palate.
- Piemonte Brachetto: Almost always produced with either frizzante (fizzy) or spumante (sparkling) and a noticeable level of sweetness, this Brachetto is light-bodied and highly aromatic with scents of red and black raspberries, wild strawberries and rose petals.
- Lavignone Barbera d’Asti: This bright and aromatic wine offers aromas and flavors of red cherries, violets and wild herbs. Soft tannins and medium weight make Lavignone ideal for immediate enjoyment.