Texas Wine Trail
Grapevine - Fredericksburg - Lubbock
Day 1 – Grapevine, Texas
- Start your visit with a visit to Grapevine Main Station and the Grapevine Observation Tower, offering an amazing 360-degree view of the surrounding area from 12-stories above.
- Be sure to experience Grapevine’s working artisans, including Holder Dane Gallery and Vetro Glassblowing Studio and Gallery.
- Enjoy lunch and a wine tasting at Wine Fusion Winery in Historic Downtown Grapevine.
- Don’t miss the Grapevine Glockenspiel, featuring the Would-Be Train Robbers Nat Barrett and Willie Majors. This one-of-a-kind glockenspiel can be viewed at 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Before dinner, enjoy a wine tasting at Grape Vine Springs Winery.
- Dinner tonight can be enjoyed at Farina’s Winery & Café. Enjoy wines from all over the world as well as beautiful antiques in the unique setting.
Day 2 – Grapevine, Texas
- This morning, enjoy breakfast at a local favorite, Main Street Bistro. When in Grapevine, starting your day with a mimosa is all part of the fun!
- After breakfast enjoy some shopping in Historic Downtown Grapevine, featuring more than 40 unique shops and boutiques.
- Lunch can be arranged at Sloan & Williams Winery. Feel free to order from a selection of appetizers or sample one of their popular pizzas.
- For dessert, head over to Messina Hof Winery, where a chocolate and wine pairing can be arranged, or visit any of the multiple chocolatiers located in Historic Downtown Grapevine. All have their own unique offerings.
- This evening, we recommend utilizing the expertise of Grapevine Wine Tours to provide a guided tour of Grapevine, with visits to three winery tasting rooms with dinner included.
Day 3 – Grapevine to Fredericksburg, Texas
- Enjoy a leisurely morning at your host hotel before checking out.
- Brunch this morning can be scheduled at Winewood Grill, open at 11 a.m.
- After brunch depart for Fredericksburg, Texas (approximately 4 1/2 hours south of Grapevine)
- After checking into your hotel or cozy guesthouse in Fredericksburg, head to historic downtown Fredericksburg for a wine tasting along the Urban Wine Trail, which includes more than a dozen local wineries and tasting rooms nestled between more than 150 locally owned shops & boutiques along Main Street. Stop by Pontotoc Weingarten for can’t miss Sangria, a glass of bubbles at Cross Mountain Vineyards or switch things up and enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail at Elk Store Distillery
- For a unique dinner experience, schedule a full Italian wine pairing dinner at Vino Andreucci Wineroom, where you will enjoy award-winning wine paired with up to seven delicious courses, including dessert.
- Or if you’re looking for something more intimate, enjoy dinner at Otto’s German Bistro, a locally owned restaurant featuring a modern take on German cuisine in the East Austin District.
Day 4 – Fredericksburg, Texas
- Fuel up for a busy day of wine tasting with breakfast at Caliche Coffee Bar in walkable downtown Fredericksburg. Located on in the West Main Arts & Entertainment district, the local hangout features small batch coffee roasted in house by Texas Hill Country coffee pioneers, Ranch Road Roasters.
- Spend the day exploring Texas Wine Country with a full day private wine tour featuring a few of the more than 50 wineries and wine tasting rooms that call the Fredericksburg area home. Enjoy wine tastings at award-winning Pedernales Cellars and picturesque Signor Vineyards. Then enjoy lunch among the vines at Stout’s Trattoria at Grape Creek followed by a sparkling wine tasting at Heath Sparkling Wines. Then continue your wine tasting experience with a food & wine pairing at Kuhlman Cellars and end the day on a sweet note with a chocolate and wine pairing at 4.0 Cellars.
- For dinner, enjoy a one-of-a-kind dining experience at Cabernet Grill, a Texas Wine Country restaurant featuring Texas Hill Country fare and an extensive wine list exclusively featuring Texas wines.
Day 5 – Fredericksburg to Lubbock, Texas
- Before departing Fredericksburg, make a stop in the eclectic and Instagram-worthy Warehouse District to enjoy a farm to table breakfast and coffee at Woerner Warehouse & Café.
- After breakfast, make quick stops at Blackchalk Home & Laundry, Carol Hicks Bolton Antiquities & Loft, all located in the Warehouse District for can’t miss home décor and unique finds.
- Grab snacks for the road (and for your foodie friends) during a stop at Fischer & Wieser’s Das Peach Haus, where you will find dozens of the legendary specialty food company’s products, fresh local peaches (mid-May through mid-August) and more picture-perfect photo ops. Famous for its Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, Fischer & Wieser is an international specialty food company that has called Fredericksburg home since 1969.
- Depart for Lubbock, Texas (approximately 5 ½ hours north of Fredericksburg)
- After checking into your hotel in Lubbock, enjoy dinner at The West Table Kitchen & Bar. This premier restaurant features seasonal upscale dining, melding eclectic New American cuisine with global accents.
- Craving a late-night sweet treat? Grab a cup of homemade mousse, pie or espresso at Pie Bar.
Day 6 – Lubbock, Texas
- Start your first morning in Lubbock by having brunch at The Farmhouse. Be sure to indulge in a pancake the size of your plate!
- After breakfast, enjoy a tour and tasting at Texas’ second oldest winery, Llano Estacado Winery. Here, you will find out why it has been enjoyed by George W. Bush and Queen Elizabeth.
- Follow up that great tasting with lunch at Cocina de la Sirena, a newcomer restaurant serving up coastal cuisine with a Latin flair.
- Walk off your lunch with a stroll through Cactus Alley Courtyard and check out their boutique shopping, dessert and coffee options.
- After a little shopping at Cactus Alley, Kings Gate or West End, embark on another wine tasting adventure at McPherson Cellars. Located in the historic Depot Entertainment District in a restored Coca-Cola bottling plant, this winery certainly will not disappoint.
- While in the Depot Entertainment District, be sure to visit the Buddy Holly Center and take a picture at the West Texas Walk of Fame, which features a larger than life statue of Buddy Holly himself.
- Enjoy dinner and unwind at La Diosa Cellars. This Lubbock favorite features a unique menu of Spanish style tapas and a renowned sangria.
Day 7 – Lubbock to Grapevine, Texas
- Start your final morning in West Texas with breakfast at Stacked. From waffles to steak and eggs, no choice is a wrong one.
- Located in the historic Kress Building sits Lubbock’s newest tasting room, Burklee Hill Vineyards. This family-owned winery is nothing short of divine.
- Enjoy a final stop at one of Lubbock’s oldest, award-winning wineries, English Newsome Cellars. Take in the picturesque landscape and architecture as you tour the grounds, barrel room and production area.
- Time to return to Grapevine, Texas, home of Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, or continue on your journey, wherever it may lead you.
- Meeting Facilities & Venues
- Grapevine Group Itineraries
- Regional Fly/Drive Itineraries