Hobo Camp One-Hour Trains
Boarding begins at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.
Price: $18 - $20
Historic Cotton Belt Depot | 705 S. Main St.
Step onboard one of the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Hobo Camp One Hour Train excursions this spring break. March 14-20, 2021.
Come experience the life of the railroad hobos. Learn about the camp culture, communication symbols and the daily life of those who rode the rails looking for work. Ticket prices include admission to the camp, participation in the activities and a ride onboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. For an additional cost, guests may purchase a Hobo lunch of individually packaged food served in a bandana.
Your Hobo Camp One-Hour Train experience includes:
- One (1) activity postcard. Activities include:
- Learning railroad signals and telegraphs inside the Cotton Belt Depot;
- Designing your own bandana inside the Cotton Belt Route Section Forman House;
- Learning hobo skills in front of the Grapevine Tin Shop at the Bragg House; and
- Making a can boiler at Millican's Blacksmith Shop
- Materials to design your own Hobo symbol onboard
Hobo Lunch Add-on (optional)
$5 per person, includes:
- One (1) Uncrustable (Peanut-Butter and Grape Jelly Sandwich);
- One (1) bag of chips;
- One (1) dessert;
- One (1) bottle of water or can of soda;
- Served in a bandana
- 705 S. Main St. – Historic Cotton Belt Depot – FREE (ADA Accessible);
- 636 S. Main St. – Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau Parking Lot – FREE (ADA Accessible);
- 255 E. Dallas Rd. – Grapevine Main Parking Garage – Free for first 90 minutes; $1 per every additional hour (ADA Accessible);
- Additional parking available throughout Historic Downtown Grapevine
Boarding will begin at the Historic Cotton Belt Depot at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. The train will leave PROMPTLY at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. or 3 p.m. – rain or shine. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to final boarding call (10:55 a.m., 12:55 p.m. or 2:55 p.m.) and check-in at the depot for seat assignments prior to boarding.
Seating is assigned upon check-in. All groups must check in at the same time to ensure they are seated together in the same coach. Groups include other parties that you wish to sit by. Changes cannot be made in seating assignments after boarding passes are issued. The Depot will open for check-in at 9:30 a.m.
Should you have additional questions, please call us at +1.817.410.3185 or email us at VisitorInfo@GrapevineTexasUSA.com at least 24 hours prior to your ticketed event.
Hobo Camp Activities
Cotton Belt Railroad Historic District
Daily, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Included with Grapevine Vintage Railroad Hobo Camp One-Hour Train Excursion ticket or purchase an activity card sold at Activity Stations throughout the District. $5 per person.
|Learn railroad signals & telegraphs||Historic Cotton Belt Depot|
|Design your own bandana||Section Foreman House|
|Learn hobo camp skills||Grapevine Tin Shop at the Bragg House|
|Make a can boiler||Millican’s Blacksmith Shop|
All tickets purchased are non-refundable. Missed trains will not be refunded.
Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on all Grapevine Vintage Railroad excursions.
Can't Find Your Confirmation Email?
Please note, you will receive a confirmation email from Grapevine TicketLine [firstname.lastname@example.org] after your purchase, and a separate reminder email from the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau [email@example.com] 24 hours prior to your event. We recommend checking your spam folder if you do not receive these emails in your inbox.
Should you have additional questions, please email us at VisitorInfo@GrapevineTexasUSA.com or call us at +1.817.410.3185 at least 24 hours prior to your ticketed event.