#10 - Walking Tour: 415 S. Main St.
- 415 S. Main St. | Grapevine, TX 76051
In the early days of Grapevine, local entrepreneurs provided utility services such as electricity, water and phone service. In 1924, Texas Power & Light Company purchased the rights to provide electricity to Grapevine and took over the four miles of lines and 172 homes serviced. Electric power became more consistent and was offered every day, all day, as opposed to just occasionally. Businesses that occupied this structure included D.D. Wall’s City Water Works, Lucas Ambulance Service, Tate Furniture, TP&L and the office of Reed Stewart, Tax Assessor.