#37 - Walking Tour: 326 S. Main St., Willow Cottage
- 326 S. Main St. | Grapevine, TX 76051
This building was constructed in 1898. It originally housed two stores, including a general store operated by brothers Wingate and Dave Lucas, who sold groceries, farm implements, furniture and coffins. The funeral business has been a Lucas family enterprise since the 1860s. Both brothers died in 1910, but another brother, J.T. Lucas, Sr., acquired it and continued the family business at 412 S. Main St. Descendants of the Lucas family are still in the funeral business.