#45 - Bermuda Gold & Silver
- 404 S. Main St. | Grapevine, TX 76051
In 1900, R.E. “Bob” Morrow and others organized the Grapevine National Bank. Morrow closed that bank at the end of 1918 and then established Grapevine Home Bank. In 1932, two friends of Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker held up the bank at gunpoint and locked the bank officials in the vault. The robbers escaped to the countryside south of town with the money. Grapevine Justice of the Peace E.L. Jordan and two local merchants, Ed Davis and Gordon Tate, caught one robber with the money the same day. With the advent of banking regulations the following year, the bank went into voluntary liquidation on October 31, 1933, and each depositor was paid in full.