#49 - Walking Tour: 414 S. Main St., Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar
- 414 S. Main St. | Grapevine, TX 76051
With its three bays divided by two square cast iron columns and pilasters, this is a good example of an early 20th century, small town commercial building. In 1909, the name of “E. J. Lipscomb Dry Goods” was changed to “E. J. Lipscomb and Son Dry Goods,” when Huber joined his father in the business. Among the items sold here were fabric, thread, shoes and various items of clothing. The Lipscombs hired several ladies in the community to work in the store. In 1933, Huber married Ruby, one of their clerks, and they ran the store together until 1967.