#57 - The Grapevine Calaboose
- 500 S. Main St. | Grapevine, TX 76051
The Grapevine Calaboose got its name from the Spanish word, “calabozo,” meaning dungeon. Its construction was authorized by the Grapevine City Council in 1909 and was built as the town’s first jail in 1914. Originally located on Barton Street, it was used to incarcerate petty criminals (mostly just for overnight stays) until the early 1950s. It was moved in 1976 to Heritage Park and brought to this site in 1994.