#9 - Walking Tour: 417 S. Main St., Beyond the Red Door; Coyote Cowboy
- 417 S. Main St | grapevine, TX 76051
This building was the northernmost portion of a three-part connected building and was a place for the men of the community to gather. The building was built in 1911 for Robinson’s Mercantile business. Later, H.L. Peterson’s Farmall tractor dealership occupied the space. In the 1930s, the building was used as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) sewing room. In the late 1940s and early 1950s, Frank Thweatt operated the Grapevine Recreational Hall, a pool hall with additional tables for playing dominoes, which again gave Grapevine men a place to gather.