Come and share the excitement of Grapevine's museums and galleries, including the Settlement to City Museums, the Grapevine Historical Museum at the Ice House, the Tower Gallery and the Grand Gallery. Whether you love working with children, enjoy history or art or just want to meet new people, we have a wonderful place just for you. You can even choose where you want to work and how often.
Volunteers and docents have the unique opportunity to act as "ambassadors" for Grapevine Museums. Through innovative programs, cultural activities and events, Grapevine Museums focuses on its mission to encourage creative interaction with Grapevine's past and present, in order to strengthen community bonds and deepen understanding of our shared heritage and future possibilities and to educate future generations. It is through our docents that we are able to actively engage our patrons.
Volunteer shifts are two or four hours in length. They are Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Sunday and Saturday, noon - 4 p.m. Volunteers play an important role in the visitors' experience. Whether sharing a story or bit of knowledge, helping out at special events or providing support to administrative staff, there are many different ways to get involved.
Share your expertise in the following areas:
- Administrative Volunteer: Utilize your organizational and office skills on a variety of administrative projects.
- Education Volunteer: Apply your teaching skills by leading education programs for school-age children.
- Special Events Volunteer: Assist with the Museum's many events including exhibit openings, previews and member events.
- Visitor Services Volunteer: Use your people skills! Help provide a welcoming and exceptional visitor experience
- Researcher: Uncover and explore your community, world, and history.
- Docent Volunteer: Demonstrate your speaking skills and Texas history knowledge as a tour guide for adult visitors. A docent provides the rewarding opportunity to welcome and conduct guided tours for our visitors. Guided museum tours are approximately 45 minutes in length and focus on key points of our current exhibition. Docent training is provided monthly.
Benefits for Volunteers (with thirty hours of service):
- Free Grapevine Museum shirt
- Discount at the Visitor’s Center Store
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Pre-notice of events happening at all Grapevine Cultural Venues
- Interpretive and educational program opportunities
- Yearly and ongoing rewards & recognition