Grapevine Vintage Railroad Excursions
This excursion starts in Downtown Grapevine at the Cotton Belt Depot. Passengers will then ride along the rails on the historic Cotton Belt Route for 30 minutes before returning to the Grapevine Depot. It's perfect for families with small children or those who just want to get the experience of riding on a train.
Train robbers may also strike on the Tahwahkarro Creek Excursion which runs every Friday through August 13, departing Grapevine from the Historic Cotton Belt Depot at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Passengers will ride along the historic Cotton Belt Route before returning to Historic Grapevine.
Families with small children may also enjoy a round-trip ride on the Trinity River Train Excursion which originates at the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards and travels along the Cotton Belt Route. The Trinity River Excursion runs every Saturday and Sunday through August 15, departing at approximately 3 p.m. and returning to the Stockyards at approximately 3:45 p.m. This excursion does not travel to Grapevine.
Ticket prices vary by excursion. Schedules are subject to change. Please check GVRR.com for the most up-to-date information. (705 S. Main St.)
TAHWAHKARRO CREEK EXCURSION DETAILS:
- Operates Fridays through August 13.
- Check-in - Grapevine: 10:30 a.m.; 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Departs Grapevine at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m
- Grapevine arrival: 12:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. (approximate)
- Please note that passengers do not de-board the train during the ride. The train will reverse direction on the tracks to return to Grapevine
- This excursion does not travel to the Fort Worth Stockyards
- First Class: $12 (all ages)
- The Grapevine Vintage Railroad has four First Class coaches. These coaches have Victorian-upholstered seats, complete with turn of the century ambiance and are fully climate-controlled for year round passenger comfort.
- Touring Class: $11 (all ages)
- The Touring Class coach offers floor to ceiling views of the communities we travel through. These coaches are complete with padded seating and offers year round climate-control for passenger comfort.
- Economy Class: $10 (all ages)
- Economy Class offers a true turn of the century railroad experience with open-air travel during the warmer months and are enclosed and heated during the colder months. These coaches are complete with vintage wooden bench-style seating.
- NOTE: due to federal regulations, children 13 months and older require a ticket and their own seat. Children 12 months and younger may ride for free, however they must ride in the lap or arms of a parent or guardian. For safety Reasons children may not ride in a car seat or stroller while the train is in motion.
Please note that schedules - including departure times, return time, and days of operation - are tentative and are subject to change based on freight train delays, federal track maintenance, holidays or weather related closures. While the GVRR makes every attempt to adhere to posted schedules, please understand that delays in arrival times or sudden cancellations of a trip are beyond our control.