Grapevine Pioneers Historical Tour
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Open Tuesday – Sunday // 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Purchase and/or pick-up your Grapevine Pioneer Field Journal from the Grapevine Visitor Information Center (636 S. Main St.) for $12 per person and includes admission to all historic and cultural sites and ticketed activities. If needed, you may purchase the Field Journal at Nash Farm’s store (626 Ball St.).
- 10 a.m. Start your tour of Grapevine’s Historic District at Nash Farm. Learn about life on the Grape Vine Prairie with a tour of the Farm and Farmhouse. Using hand tools, help the Nash Farm farmhands build a buzz saw and sew a bag in the farmhouse. NashFarm.org // 817.410.3558 // 626 Ball St.
- 10:45 a.m. Drive or enjoy a leisurely 0.4 mile walk (~8 minutes) to the Settlement to City Museums, a complex of four (4) house museums located in the Ted R. Ware Plaza; free parking is available. Here, you’ll become a printer’s apprentice, learn about textiles and try weaving at the Cotton Belt Museum. GrapevineMuseums.com // 817.410.3526 // 206 W. Hudgins St.
- 11:30 a.m. Walk to the Visitor Information Center and obtain a restaurant map listing of the great dining options on Grapevine’s Historic Main Street and enjoy lunch in Downtown Grapevine. 817.410.3185 // 636 S. Main St.
- 12:45 p.m. After lunch, return to the Visitor Information Center and Tower Gallery. Inside, you can design a boat, ocean-in-a-bottle and play pirate in the Tower Gallery’s SummerBlast Exhibit, PIRATES! A Whimsical Adventure. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/SummerBlast // 817.410.3185 // 636 S. Main St.
- 1:30 p.m. Enjoy a rail crew experience at the Cotton Belt Section Foreman House with a variety of activities, such as sending a telegram. 701 S. Main St. // 817.410.3185
- 2:15 p.m. Continue through the Cotton Belt Railroad District by visiting Millican’s Blacksmith Shop. Learn about blacksmithing skills and stamp your own brass luggage tag. 707 S. Main St. // 817.410.3185
Extend Your Stay in Grapevine these Additional Cultural Sites and Activities:
- Tour Torian Log Cabin in Liberty Park located in Historic Downtown Grapevine. GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Listing/Torian-Cabin // 817.410.3185 // 201 S. Main St.
- Glassblowing demo at Vetro Glassblowing. Call for updates or visit online. VetroArtGlass.com // 817.251.1668 // 701 S. Main St., Ste. # 103
- Take a ride on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad (snack options are available onboard). Excursions to the Fort Worth Stockyards are on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. You can walk the historic area and witness a cattle drive. GVRR.com // 817.410.3185 // 701 S. Main St.
- Enjoy dinner and a murder mystery show at Texas Star Dinner Theater. TexasStarDinnerTheater.com // 817.310.5588 // 816 S. Main St.
- Visit Cross Timbers Winery, one of nine winery-tasting rooms in Grapevine. The historic farmhouse and beautiful barn make for an idyllic setting. CrossTimbersWinery.com // 817.488.6789 // 805 N. Main St.
- Your Grapevine Pioneer Field Journal also includes a complimentary matinée admission to the Historic Palace Theatre’s Summer Movie Series, every Tuesday and Wednesday, June 11 - August 14, at 11 a.m. Admission $4. Bring in a same-day receipt from any Grapevine restaurant and receive a free small popcorn. Palace-Theatre.com // 817.410.3100 // 300 S. Main St.