GrapeFest® - The Largest Wine Festival in the Southwest
30th Annual GrapeFest
September 15, 16, 17 and 18, 2016
Historic Downtown Grapevine
Discover a world of possibilities at GrapeFest! Guests of all ages will find a variety of new wines, new vendors, new bands and more to discover and celebrate throughout the four-day festival.
Texas is the fifth-largest wine producing state in the United States. Named for the wild Mustang grapes that blanketed the land when settlers first arrived to the area in 1844, Grapevine is the headquarters of the Texas Wine Industry.
GrapeFest is the place to discover and try new wines and even rediscover some of your favorite varietals. Along with celebrating the fruit of the vine, this four-day annual festival offers a variety of activities and events to discover such as The People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic, GrapeStomp, Champagne Terrace, KidsWorld, GrapeFest Golf Classic, GrapeFest Tennis Classic, live entertainment, the Texas Wine Tribute and much more!
If you're interested in becoming a vendor for GrapeFest 2016, please follow this link to download an application.
2015 Year in Review
Large crowds enjoyed beautiful weather, delicious wines, live entertainment, family fun and more during the 29th Annual GrapeFest presented by Bank of the West, September 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2015. With a salute to the wines of Texas, Oregon and Argentina, attendees celebrated along Grapevine's Historic Main Street throughout the four-day festival.
One of the most popular events, GrapeStomp, returned with feet flying fast as teams of two stomped 18 pounds of grapes for two minutes throughout the weekend. Festival-goers gathered around the competition stage and cheered on the competitors. Winners of the GrapeStomp daily sessions competed in the Grand Champion Stomp-Off on Sunday, September 20. Defending champions Lam Nguyen and Jorge Bermeo, both of Dallas, received the Coveted Purple Foot Award for the second time. The team stomped a total of 35 ounces in the Grand Champion Stomp Off.
Festival guests participating in the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic, the largest consumer-judged wine competition in the nation, had the opportunity to sample 162 Texas wines from 43 Texas wineries. After sampling the wines, guests then voted on their favorites in ten categories.
The winners of the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic were:
White Wines: Blend
• Gold: Llano Estacado Winery - Signature White, 2014
• Silver: St. Rose Vineyard & Winery - Foxy Peach, 2013
• Bronze: Bingham Family Vineyards - Cloudburst, 2014
White Wines: Dry
• Gold: Blue Ostrich Winery & Vineyard - Viognier, 2014
• Silver: Messina Hof Winery - Private Reserve Chardonnay, 2012
• Bronze: Haak Vineyards & Winery - Blanc du Bois, 2013
White Wines: Off Dry
• Gold: Messina Hof Winery - Father and Son Riesling, 2014
• Silver: Enoch's Stomp - Blanc DuBois - Off Dry, 2012
• Bronze: Wedding Oak Winery - Bridal Veil, 2014
White Wines: Sweet
• Gold: Messina Hof Winery - Angel Late Harvest Riesling, NV
• Silver: Wedding Oak Winery - Bridal Bliss, 2014
• Bronze: Landon Winery - Yellow Rose, NV
• Gold: Valley Mills Vineyards - Red Velvet, NV
• Silver: Blue Ostrich Winery & Vineyard - Pink Muscat, 2014
• Bronze: Wedding Oak Winery - Bridal Blush, 2014
Red Wines: Blends
• Gold: Llano Estacado Winery - Viviano, 2010
• Silver: Wedding Oak Winery, Tioja, 2013
• Bronze: Landon Winery - The Texan, NV
Red Wines: Bold
• Gold: Texas Hills Vineyard - Kick Butt Cab Newsom, 2012
• Silver: Red Caboose Winery - Quickdraw Syrah, 2012
• Bronze: Lost Oak Winery - Tempranillo, 2014
Red Wines: Light
• Gold: Messina Hof Winery - Private Reserve Pinot Noir, 2014
• Silver: Pillar Bluff Vineyards - Tempranillo Rosé, 2011
• Bronze: The Vineyard at Florence - Roma, 2011
Red Wines: Medium
• Gold: Red Caboose Winery - Cab Franc/Tempranillo, 2009
• Silver: Blue Ostrich Winery & Vineyard - Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013
• Bronze: Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards - Texican, 2014
Red Wines: Sweet
• Gold: Homestead Winery - Chocolate Rose, NV
• Silver: Landon Winery - Chocolate Finale, NV
• Bronze: Chisolm Trail Winery - Bad Ass Blush, 2013