CREATE LIFETIME CHRISTMAS MEMORIES IN GRAPEVINE, THE CHRISTMAS CAPITAL OF TEXAS®
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS (November 4, 2015) - Create lifetime Christmas memories in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas! With more than 1,400 events in 40-plus days, Grapevine's sophisticated and charming Christmas setting makes the city the must-visit destination of the season. Enjoy millions of magical lights, enormous decorations, Christmas events and more that perfectly capture the spirit of Christmas in Grapevine. Make plans now to join the more than one million guests that visit Grapevine's Christmas Capital of Texas each year at these exciting Christmas events and activities!
1. Celebrate the Season at Gaylord Texan Resort's Lone Star Christmas Featuring ICE! and Santa's Wild Workshop Snowtubing - Beginning November 12, 2015 - January 3, 2016, Gaylord Texan Resort's 12th annual Lone Star Christmas event, presented by Noerr, will offer a variety of holiday activities, live entertainment, and grand displays to celebrate the season, including 2 million holiday lights, 2 million pounds of real Texas snow, a 54-foot-tall Christmas tree, magical miniature train sets, 25-foot-tall Nutcrackers, 2,300 decorated wreaths, 5,600 feet of garland and 15,000 festive ornaments. Don't miss ICE! featuring Christmas Around the World, created with two million pounds of ice that is hand-carved by a team of forty remarkably talented master ice artisans from Harbin, China. Visitors will enjoy magical holiday scenes, brilliant characters, an "On the Blocks" ice bar (21 & up) and five two-story-tall ice slides. The 14,000 square-foot attraction is kept at a wintry 9 degrees and the resort will provide complimentary parkas for both adults and kids. Additional fun activities include The Elf on A Shelf Scavenger Hunt, Santa's Wild Workshop Snow Tubing, Gingerbread Decorating Corner and Milk & Cookies with Mrs. Claus. Visit www.ChristmasAtGaylordTexan.com for times and tickets. November 12 - January 3, 2016.
2. Ride the Rails on the North Pole Express® - Ride the rails aboard Grapevine's North Pole Express! Board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Victorian rail coaches and begin your journey to the North Pole. Elves will welcome the guests and sing traditional Christmas songs. As the train arrives at Reindeer Ridge, a special guest arrives for a magical moment! Mrs. Claus boards the train and presents each child a "We Believe" silver Santa bell. After the train arrives at the North Pole, guests walk along the snowy Christmas Tree trail as they enter Santa's workshop, where a cast of elves and Santa's helpers are busily fulfilling Santa's toy requests. Finally, Santa arrives and wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and then shares his Frosty Chocolate Snow Milk served in Santa's special memory mug. Families will also receive a voucher for a complimentary Family Photo with Santa. Limit one per family. Tickets for the North Pole Express are $25 for ages 13 months and older and are on sale now. Advance purchase recommended as tickets are selling out quickly. November 27, 28 and 29 and December 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
3. Pack for a Howlin' Good Time at Great Wolf Lodge - The entire family will howl with delight with a visit to the Northwoods in Grapevine at the Great Wolf Lodge! During Snowland!, guests at this family-friendly resort will experience the 84-degree indoor waterpark, the largest indoor waterpark in Texas, along with special visits from Santa, North Pole University activities, a life-size Gingerbread House, Santa's Letter-writing Depot, daily Polar Wolf Walk, Great Clock Tower holiday show, nightly Snowland-themed Story Time and much more. And don't forget the daily indoor snowfall - right in the lobby! November 28 - January 3, 2016.
4. Sip Sweet Chocolate Holiday Cheer - Sip some seasonal fun at Dr. Sue's Chocolate this Christmas. From 2 p.m. - 6 p.m., the aroma of delicious, hand-crafted hot chocolates lingers in the air, inviting even the most discriminating palate. These unique offerings include Old Fashioned, Peppermint and Mexican Hot Chocolate to tempt your taste buds all season long. And don't forget, Dr. Sue's Chocolate exists to inspire people to a more healthful lifestyle. 417 S. Main St. November 27 - December 23. $4 per person.
5. Make Your List and Check It Twice - Make your list, check it twice and shop for all those on your list who are naughty and nice in Grapevine! With shopping options for every taste and budget, you'll be sure to find a little something for yourself too.
- Hop in your sleigh and visit Historic Downtown Grapevine's more than 80 locally-owned shops, boutiques, jewelry stores, winery tasting rooms, home décor, collectibles and more! Stores such as Good Things For All Seasons, Crowned by Grace, Chic Boutique, Merry's Christmas and Clowns, Bermuda Gold & Silver, Grapevine Olive Oil Company, Ooh La La, One Posh Place and many more will delight even the most seasoned shopper! Or, visit the wineries along Grapevine's Urban Wine Trail to purchase a unique and special gift.
- On your mark, get set, go! From opening at 6 p.m. - 1 a.m. on Thanksgiving night (hours are 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. on Friday, November 27) to a variety of exciting holiday
events, Grapevine Mills offers even the most dedicated shopper a holiday paradise. The 1.7 million square feet of shopping euphoria includes spots such as Coach Factory, Disney Outlet, Express, J. Crew, Gap, Gymboree, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call and many more! Special Santa events include Santa's arrival, Saturday, November 21 (entry 5), 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.; Crafts and Cookies with Santa (Entry 5), Saturday, December 5, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.; Caring Santa (Available for children with disabilities who prefer a calm and less crowed Santa experience), Sunday, December 6, 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m,; Breakfast with Santa at Rainforest Café, December 12, 13, 19 and 20, 8 a.m. - 10 a.m., (reservations required 972-539-5001) and Pet Photos with Santa, Sunday, December 13, 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Get in touch with your love of the outdoors this holiday season at Grapevine's Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. Don't miss Santa's arrival on November 15 as well as Santa's Wonderland, November 15 - December 24, with free sctivities, crafts and games. Located across the street from Grapevine Mills, you can also see special Christmas visitors throughout the season on weekends.
- And shopping traditionalists will love Grapevine Towne Center, home to brands such as Target, Cost Plus World Market, Haltom's Jewelers and more.
6. Build Some Holiday Fun at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center and Dive Into Action at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium - Don't miss your chance to meet LEGO® Santa at LEGOLAND Discovery Center's Holiday Bricktacular December 12, 13, 19 and 20. Guests can write their own letter to Santa and post it in the LEGOLAND Discovery Center mailbox. Test your skills by helping the Master Model Builder create a Winter Wonderland on our holiday Big Build. Plus, dive into action with the Octonauts, the team of undersea adventure heroes from the hit animated TV show. Undertake a special mission and train to be a member of the Octonauts crew and meet Captain Barnacles and Kwazii! The Octonauts adventure at SEA LIFE Grapevine happens daily December 5 - 20. Also at SEA LIFE Grapevine, find out if you've been naughty or nice when Scuba Diving Santa returns! Dives take place at 11 a.m. December 12, 13, 19 and
7. Sample Holiday Cheer Aboard the Christmas Wine Trains - Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Christmas Wine Trains. Each train features a Grapevine urban winery. Hors d'ouevres will also be served. Additional wine will be available for purchase. Tickets are $45 per person. Purchase your tickets early as these train experiences sell out quickly. Riders must be 21 and over. Boarding begins at 6:30 p.m. All train excursions depart at 7 p.m. and return at approximately 9:30 p.m. These excursions will sell out, so purchase your tickets early.
On December 3, board the all-new Historic Fort Worth Stockyards Christmas Wine Train. This new excursion features the western flair of the Fort Worth Stockyards combined with the holiday backdrop of Grapevine's Christmas Wine Train. This celebratory event is perfect for you and your sweetheart, best friends or coworkers to enjoy a celebratory night of Christmas fun.
On December 10 and 17, excursions depart from the Grapevine Cotton Belt Depot. Enjoy an exciting excursion for you and your besties along this favorite seasonal event. Make sure to plan some time to enjoy the more than one million lights throughout Historic Dowtown
Grapevine before your excursion departs or after you return.
8. Hear the Sounds of the Season at the Palace Theatre - Don't miss all your traditional musical favorites at Grapevine's Historic Palace Theatre! All ages will love sharing in all the seasonal fun at this beloved venue.
- The Texas Tenors - Back for an amazing fifth year in a row, The Texas Tenors perform classic Christmas music to opera to country favorites, all with a Texas twist. See for yourself why The Texas Tenors are one of the most popular groups in the history of America's Got Talent. Get your tickets now as these shows sell out fast! Tickets $30. December 14 at 7:30 p.m., December 15 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. and December 16 at 2 p.m. For more information, call 817-410-3100.
- Main Street LIVE - Main Street LIVE'S high-energy "Christmas Spectacular" show sets the perfect tone for the Christmas season with all your favorite Christmas songs. Matinees start at 3 p.m. and evening shows start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25. Group discounts are available. November 28 and December 5, 12, and 19.
- An Elvis Hometown Christmas Special with Kraig Parker and The Royal Tribute Band" - It's time to put on your blue suede shoes and tap your toes to the Christmas sounds of "The King." This annual holiday tradition features some of Elvis' most beloved songs performed by the amazingly talented Kraig Parker. Tickets start at $25. December 6 at 4 p.m.
- "A Merry Little Christmas Show with Ricki Derek" - Crooner, Ricki Derek is bringing his one-of-a-kind show, A Merry Little Christmas, to the Palace Theatre stage for the second time. This fun-filled holiday musical combines the vibe of the Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra Christmas television specials with the energy and excitement of a 21st-century live show. Ricki and the Ho,Ho,Ho Orchestra will have your toes tappin' and you singing along with a drink in your hand and a smile on your face. Tickets start at $25. December 18 at 8 p.m.
- Classic Christmas Movies - See classic Christmas movies this season at Grapevine's Historic Palace Theater. Tickets $6. Movies include "A Christmas Carol," November 30 at 7 p.m.; "White Christmas," December 1, 9, 20 and 22, 7 p.m.; "It's A Wonderful Life," December 2, 8, 11, 17, 21 and 23, 7 p.m.; "A Christmas Story," December 7, 10 and 13, 7 p.m., December 21 at 2 p.m. and double feature "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," December 22 and 23 at 2 p.m.
- Texas Harmony Chorus - Hear the special sounds of the Texas Harmony Chorus performing "Three Weeks Before Christmas." This all-female a cappella chorus in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is comprised of educators, homemakers, business owners, and professional women sharing the joy of singing with friends. The chorus is under the direction of Master Director, and internationally-known coach, Darlene Rogers. Tickets $18 for adults, children 13 and under and seniors, $13. December 4 at 7:30 p.m.
9. Experience Christmas on the Grape Vine Prairie - Experience a Texas heritage Christmas at Nash Farm's Victorian Christmas. Guests will learn about the root of many of our current holiday traditions, as well as make a Victorian ornament to hang on their tree at home. Docents guide guests through the farmhouse and the farm. Tours will begin at the pole barn, where visitors can enjoy hot cider and cookies, to the front door of the farmhouse, through the parlor, bedroom, dining room and kitchen, then outside by the burning yule log and back to the pole barn. December 5, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. Free.
10. Sparkle at the Settlement to City Museums - Bring the entire family to Grapevine's Settlement to City Museums' Christmas SPARKLE and enjoy glitter and glam family Christmas crafts and activities, including painting, making cotton wreaths, printing on the 1881 printing press and more. Don't miss the ornament scavenger hunt. December 8 - January 3, 2016. Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Sundays, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
11. Watch Christmas Parades on Land and Water - Whether you're a fan of parades on land or water, Grapevine is the place to be this holiday season
- On December 3 at 7 p.m., see more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands in the Parade of Lights. This annua tradition welcomes thousands of visitors each year so come early to claim your spot along Main Street. Free.
- And for water parade fun, see the beautiful Twinkle Light Boat Parade with watercrafts decorated in all of the finest sparkling lights to celebrate the season, beginning at Twin Coves Marina and picking up entries at each marina including Scott's Landing and Silver Lake. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine and the Glass Cactus Nightclub at Gaylord Texan Resort. December 5, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Free.
12. Sing Along with Traditional Songs at the Carol of Lights - See Grapevine's Mayor William D. Tate flip the switch and transform Historic Downtown Grapevine into the Christmas Capital of Texas® at the Carol of Lights. The city becomes illuminated with more than one million lights along Main Street in Historic Downtown Grapevine and guests will enjoy musical performances, fireworks and hot chocolate will be available. Come early to have your picture taken with live reindeer in front of the Town Square Gazebo from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Free. November 23 at 7 p.m.
13. See the Magic of Christmas Light Show - Bright lights and exciting music showcases the magic of Christmas at the newly enhanced Magic of Christmas Light Show! Beginning November 24 through January 3, 2016, this nightly light show runs from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. and features a all-new enhanced singing tree, beautiful lights and fun for the whole family. Bleacher seats are provided for extended viewing. Main Street and Dallas Road.
14. Warm Up to "A Cold Hearted Christmas" - At the Texas Star Dinner Theater, it's just
before Christmas and all about town, E.B. Neazer Enterprises is shutting everyone down! That's right cowboy, it's wilder than a herd of loco longhorns around here as that ol' Neazer plans on putting the town "on ice" just before Christmas Eve. What will become of Sister Mary Agnostic and her poor sweet orphans? Is Miss Sarah Ann Dippity, the local madam, going to take this lying down? Will Bob Scratchit find himself chippn' in with the fellows at the ice house for a new career? Help Marshal Jim Courtright find out who's been naughty and who's been nice. Tickets $59. November 20, 21, 27 and 28. December 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26 and 27.
15. Select Delicious Dishes for Your Holiday Wishes - Refresh and renew yourself with delicious dishes at one of Grapevine's more than 200 restaurants, serving a variety of cuisines at prices to fit a range of budgets. Or, stop by one of Grapevine's urban wineries for a glass of wine and a snack before merrily continuing your Christmas Capital of Texas experience.
16. Find Great Gifts at the Country Christmas Market -Shop at the all-new Grapevine Country Christmas Market featuring flavorful and fresh local produce, baked goods, local cheeses, nuts, gift baskets and more at the Town Square Gazebo. Open 11 a.m. - 8 p.m., November 27, 28 and 29 and December 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
17. Check Out the Fun at Christmas on Main - Step back in time this season at Christmas on Main and the beautiful backdrop of the Victorian-style buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights. Climb aboard a tractor-drawn wagon ride behind the Town Square Gazebo, 325 S. Main St. The ride will take you through the seasonally decorated historic neighborhoods on the east side of Main Street. Tractor-drawn wagon rides are $1 per person. November 27, 28 and 29 and December 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19 and 20. Fridays, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon - 5 p.m. and Sundays, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
HOLIDAY HOTEL PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE. For additional information, please
contact the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-457-6338 or 817-410-3185
or visit www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.
Elf on the Shelf ® and © 2015 CCA and B, LLC. All Rights