North Pole Express®
Create a unique family Christmas memory aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's North Pole Express. One of the most popular Christmas Capital of Texas events, families and children of all ages will enjoy this one-of-a-kind Christmas experience.
The experience begins at the Historic Cotton Belt Depot platform where riders board the beautifully decorated Victorian Rail coaches. As the train departs and the anticipation of arriving at the North Pole builds, Santa's helpers will welcome the guests and sing traditional Christmas music.
Then, a magical moment! As the train draws closer to the North Pole, Mrs. Claus makes a special appearance to give each child a "We Believe" silver Santa bell. Guests then arrive at the North Pole and walk along a snowy Christmas Tree forest, where, as they wait for an appearance by Santa, guests are entertained with songs and magical Christmas moments. Finally, Santa arrives! Santa wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and then shares his Frosty Chocolate Snow Milk served in a memory mug to all the boys and girls. Families will also receive a voucher for a complimentary Family Photo with Santa. Limit one per family.
We are excited to welcome your family and friends to the North Pole Express and to Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas. Advance purchase recommended.
Important things to know:
- Arrive at the Train Depot at least 60 minutes prior to ticketed departure time.
- Allow an additional 30 minutes for shuttle parking and complimentary transfer.
- Boarding closes 10 minutes prior to your departure time.
- Infants (0-12 months) that are issued a complimentary ticket must be held in an adult's lap.
- For safety reasons, strollers, infant car seats and carriers are not allowed on the train.
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Missed trains will not be refunded.
- Following the train ride, you will journey through the Christmas Tree trail to Santa's Workshop.
- Your experience concludes with the dazzling Christmas show where Santa makes an appearance.
Please note, due to mechanical requirements, engine and equipment changes may occur without notice.