Thank you for celebrating wine and the golden age of travel with us at the 33rd Annual GrapeFest® - A Texas Wine Experience, presented by the Bank of the West. Be sure to mark your calendars for the 34th Annual GrapeFest on September 17, 18, 19 and 20, 2020. We hope to see you again next year!
The 2019 winners of the People’s Choice Wine Tasting Classic are:
- Gold: Bingham Family Vineyards, Cloudburst, 2014
- Silver: Wedding Oak Winery, Albariño, 2017
- Bronze: Becker Vineyards, Prairie Cuvée, 2015
White: Off Dry
- Gold: Messina Hof Winery, Father and Son Cuvée, 2018
- Silver: Angelita Vineyard & Winery, Anna’s Angel, 2018
- Bronze: Landon Winery, Viognier, 2018
- Gold: Messina Hof Winery, Angel, Late Harvest Riesling, NV
- Silver: Texas Legato, Sweet Peggy-Sue, NV
- Bronze: Llano Estacado Winery, Moscato, 2018
- Gold: Silver Dollar Winery, IM’Peached, 2018
- Silver: Cross Timbers Winery, Grapevine White, NV
- Bronze: Brennan Vineyards, Lily, 2017
- Gold: Blue Mule Wines, Cowboy, 2018
- Silver: Llano Estacado Winery, Signature Rosé, 2018
- Bronze: Becker Vineyards, Jolie, 2017
- Gold: Messina Hof Winery, GSM, 2017
- Silver: Landon Winery, Tempranillo, 2017
- Bronze: Silver Dollar Winery, Peace Maker Merlot Reserve, 2017
- Gold: Bull Lion Ranch and Vineyard, Montepulciano, 2016
- Silver: Blue Ostrich Winery & Vineyard, Sangiovese, 2018
- Bronze: Landon Winery, Merlot Reserve, 2017
- Gold: Bull Lion Ranch and Vineyard, Malbec, 2016
- Silver: Texas Hills Vineyard, Kick Butt Cab, 2015
- Bronze: Messina Hof Winery, Sagrantino Reserva, 2017
- Gold: Homestead Winery, Chocolate Rose, NV
- Silver: Chisolm Trail Winery, Ghost Rider, NV
- Bronze: Red Road Vineyard, Chocolate Lach Rua, 2018
- Gold: Bull Lion Ranch and Vineyard, Texianti, 2015
- Silver: Bingham Family Vineyards, Dirt Farmer, 2016
- Bronze: Llano Estacado Winery, Viviano, by Llano Estacado, 2015
One of the signature GrapeFest events, The People’s Choice Wine Tasting Classic is the largest, consumer-judged wine competition in the United States and will feature 44 Texas wineries pouring 162 wines. The competition consists of 11 sessions over the weekend, with wines being judged in 10 categories and awards being presented on Sunday at 5 p.m. at the People’s Choice Pavilion.
Everyone entering the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic must be 21 years of age and up. Children and/or strollers are not allowed in the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic. Ticket purchase is required for all persons to enter. Advance ticket purchase is recommended.
Thursday, September 12
5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. - Session 1
7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. - Session 2
Friday, September 13
5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. - Session 3
7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. - Session 4 SESSION FULL
Saturday, September 14
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Session 5
1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. - Session 6
3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. - Session 7 SESSION FULL
5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. - Session 8 SESSION FULL
7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. - Session 9 SESSION FULL
Sunday, September 15
1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. - Session 10
3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. - Session 11
Click one of the following topics to learn more:
People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic is the largest consumer judged wine competition in the United States! Festival attendees purchase the special ticket to enter the People's Choice tent, and during a 90-minute session (hour and half) get to taste wine from 44 Texas wineries. There is no limit to the number of samples you can try during your session time!
Guests at the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic receive a wine reference guide detailing the available wines along with a ballot to select their favorites. Fans of Texas wines can discover some new favorites and Texas wine novices might just discover some of the best wines Texas has to offer.
The winners of the competition will be announced on Sunday, September 15 at 5 p.m. Tickets are $25 per person and includes a souvenir wine glass (Ticket price does not include festival admission). Sessions take place throughout the four-day festival beginning on Thursday night. Sessions sell out quickly and advance purchase is recommended.
- Everyone entering the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic must be 21 years of age and up
- Children and/or strollers are not allowed in the People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic
- Outside food and beverage is not allowed in the event area
- Ticket purchase is required for all persons to enter
People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic is located in a covered space behind the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau building. The address of the building is 636 S. Main Street, and is near the South Entry of the festival grounds. Or for a visual description, just look for the building with the tall tower that has a green roof and a unicorn atop the building. Please note that you can only gain access to this tented area with a valid People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic ticket, and only for the time/session for which you have purchased. Those without tickets - including "designated drivers" or children - will not be allowed to enter.
Participating Wineries: Coming Soon
People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic features ten (10) different categories in which the participating wineries may enter their wines. The attendees vote on their favorite, and on Sunday, September 15 at 5 p.m. the winners will be announced!
The categories are: White: Dry; White: Semi Sweet; White: Sweet; White: Blends; Blush/Rose; Red: Light; Red: Medium; Red: Bold; Red: Sweet and Red Blends.
For those wine enthusiasts that want to get a jump on their People's Choice Wine Tasting Classic experience, you can read through the entire People's Choice Wine Reference Guide that not only lists the wineries and their categories, but also a brief description of each wine.
- General Information
- Wine Experiences
- Vendors - Food, Art & More