Create lifetime Christmas memories in Grapevine, the Christmas Capital of Texas®! With 1,400 events in 40 days, Grapevine’s charming Christmas setting makes the city the must-visit destination of the season. Mark your calendars now and experience Grapevine’s exciting Christmas events and activities.
Carol of Lights
November 20, Activities begin at 5 p.m. and Carol of Lights begins at 7 p.m.
Enjoy a Texas-sized spectacle of lights and sound featuring singing snowmen, Mrs. Claus and more! Watch as Mayor William D. Tate flips the switch and lights Grapevine and welcomes Christmas! Take photos with reindeer, make Christmas crafts and enjoy food. Activities begin at 5 p.m. and show begins at 7 p.m. In front of Grapevine City Hall. Free.
Twinkle Light Boat Parade
December 2, 6 - 9 p.m.
Watch the watercrafts decorated in sparkling lights float by. The parade begins at Twin Coves Marina and picks up entries at Scott’s Landing and Silver Lake Marina. The parade is visible from the shores of Lake Grapevine and Grapevine’s park shores. Free.
Parade of Lights
December 7, 7 p.m.
See more than 100 lighted floats and marching bands at this year’s Holiday Memories themed parade. Come early to claim your spot along Main Street. Free.
Nash Farm Holiday Events
- Experience a Texas heritage Christmas at First Friday Christmas Decorating. Craft ornaments, decorate the tree and enjoy cider and cookies while preparing the farm for the Christmas season. December 1, 10 a.m. – noon. $3 per person.
- Step back in time at Victorian Christmas and experience traditional Christmas celebrations on the farm. December 2, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., $3 per person.
- Join the farmhands for a Farmstead Christmas Celebration and open house including making ornaments, traditional music, refreshments and more. December 9, 1 – 4 p.m. $5 per person.
- Celebrate the season with a Parlor Sociable, including coffee, tea and sweets along with parlor games. December 14 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. $15 per person.
Settlement to City Museums Holiday Events
- Experience Christmas festivities like the earliest Grapevine residents through pioneer and Victorian era crafts and activities at Christmas with the Keelings, December 2, 4:30 p.m. $5 per person.
- Create and mail your own Grapevine-themed Hometown Holiday greeting card, construct Victorian-era decorations at Victorian Christmas Card Making, December 9, 1 p.m. $5 per person.
- Hear a bit of history at Tales of a Victorian Christmas, December 22, 4 p.m. $5 per person.
Scuba Diving Santa
December 13, 16, 20 and 23, 11:30 a.m.
Dive into SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium and find out if you’ve been naughty or nice with Scuba Diving Santa.
December 16, 17, 23 and 24
Meet LEGO® Santa at LEGOLAND Discovery Center and help the Master Model Builder create a Winter Wonderland!
Gaylord Texan Resort’s 14th Annual ICE! and Lone Star Christmas
November 10, 2017 – January 1, 2018
Marvel at lavish larger-than-life holiday decorations and more than two million twinkling lights. At ICE!, see beautiful hand-carved ice sculptures, magical holiday scenes themed ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, an “On the Blocks” ice bar (21 and up) and two-story tall ice slides. The 14,000-square-foot attraction is a wintry 9 degrees, complimentary parkas provided. Additional activities include Glacier Glide Ice Skating Rink, Snow Tubing, Gingerbread Decorating Corner and more!
November 26, 2017 – January 1, 2018
Celebrate the season with a stay at Great Wolf Lodge, where hotel guests can enjoy the daily indoor snowfall – right in the lobby!
Dr. Sue’s Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bar and Happy Hour
November 20, November 24 – December 23, 3 – 6 p.m. daily
Taste the flavors of Christmas as the Hot Chocolate Barista serves Peppermint, Mexican and Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate made with top quality European cocoa and customized with your favorite flavorings and toppings. $4 per person.
North Pole Express® on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad
November 24, 25, 26 and December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23
Board the beautifully decorated Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s Victorian rail coaches and take a trip to the North Pole. Explore Reindeer Ridge, walk along the snowy Christmas Tree trail, meet Mrs. Claus and Santa, sing with cheer and more. Tickets are very hard to come by for this much anticipated event.
Merry Christmas Charlie Brown Exhibit
November 1 – January 16
Grapevine’s Tower Gallery welcomes the traveling exhibition from the Charles M. Schulz Museum. Discover the making of the animated classic, the exhibit consists of 50 Peanuts daily and Sunday comic strips, more than 50 vintage Peanuts-themed seasonal novelties, a Santa letter writing station and a photo opportunity for children. Free.
Whoville in Grapevine
November 21 – early January
Visit the all new Whoville at Grapevine’s Town Square Gazebo, featuring Who-houses, a post office and cut-out Whoville characters. And don’t forget, there’s a 100% chance of snow flurries each night.
Grapevine Christmas Farmers Market
November 24, 25 and 26 and December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 1 – 9 p.m.
Shop flavorful and fresh local produce, baked goods, local cheeses, nuts, gift baskets and more at the Town Square Gazebo.
Christmas on Main
November 24 - 26 and December 1 - 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17.
Fridays, 2 – 5 p.m.; Saturdays, Noon – 5 p.m. and Sundays, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Climb aboard a tractor-drawn wagon ride and experience the beautiful backdrop of the Victorian-style buildings dressed up with ribbons, bows and wreaths and set aglow with twinkling lights. $1 per person.
Looking for more Christmas activities and events? Visit www.GrapevineTexasUSA.com/Christmas.