Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to join us November 27 - December 23, 2020!
North Pole Neighborhood inside the
Cotton Belt Railroad Historic District
705 S. Main St.
Grapevine, TX 76051
Create a unique family Christmas memory aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's North Pole Express®, presented by Great Wolf Lodge and T-Mobile. Snug in their pajamas, children's dreams come true as they climb aboard the magical train bound for the North Pole. One of the most popular Christmas Capital of Texas events, families and children of all ages will enjoy this one-of-a-kind Christmas experience.
Important information for your North Pole Express excursion:
- Location of North Pole Express: North Pole Neighborhood inside the Cotton Belt Railroad Historic District (705 S. Main St., Grapevine, TX 76051)
- In accordance with Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s Face Covering Requirement to slow the spread of COVID-19, all guests ages 10 and up will be required to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of the event. It is also recommended that guests younger than 10 years of age wear a face covering if they are able to.
- Per recommendations from Governor Abbott, capacity onboard has been reduced and Grapevine Vintage Railroad (GVRR) crew members are ensuring that seats and public areas are properly sanitized between each excursion.
- For COVID-19 contact tracing purposes, the names of all ticketed passengers must be provided in order to purchase tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to your reserved ticketed time at the North Pole Express Boarding Tent.
- Show your mobile or printed email confirmation to redeem your Souvenir Ticket.
- Seating is assigned at check-in.
- All groups must be present and together prior to receiving Souvenir Tickets.
- Tickets may only be redeemed for the day and time of your reserved train excursion.
- Your reserved ticketed time is the train departure time.
- Train doors will be closed and locked 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Trains are unable to be held and passengers will not be allowed to board after doors are locked.
- Missed trains will not be refunded.
- Coaches are enclosed, heated and run regardless of weather conditions.
- Children 12 months and younger must be held in an adult’s lap and require a Lap Child Ticket.
- For safety reasons, strollers, infant car seats and carriers are not allowed on the train. Stroller parking will be available at no additional cost.
- Parking now available within walking distance to the North Pole Neighborhood (705 S. Main St.). Shuttles will not operate this year. Click here for map of parking options.
- To get into the spirit, children and families are encouraged to wear their pajamas onboard the North Pole Express. Please remember to dress warm, as portions of the event are outside.
- Remember to wear your Santa hats! If you purchased a Santa hat online after Sunday, November 1, you may pick it up inside the Grapevine Visitor Information Center (636 S. Main St.).
- North Pole Express General Store & Photos with Santa – now located inside the Grapevine Visitor Information Center (636 S. Main St.)
- The Grapevine Christmas Passport does not include an excursion onboard the North Pole Express.
- The Grapevine Visitor Information Center will be closed in observance of:
- Thanksgiving Day on November 26, 2020;
- Christmas Day on December 25, 2020; and
- New Year’s Day on January 1, 2021
Accommodations may be made for guests who prefer to wear masks and for those who do not.