Frequently Asked Questions
Grapevine Christmas Village inside the
Cotton Belt Railroad Historic District
705 S. Main St.
Grapevine, TX 76051
Create a unique family Christmas memory aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's North Pole Express®. Snug in their pajamas, children's dreams come true as they climb aboard the magical train bound for the North Pole. One of the most popular Christmas Capital of Texas events, families and children of all ages will enjoy this one-of-a-kind Christmas experience.
Important information for your North Pole Express excursion:
- Location of North Pole Express: Grapevine Christmas Village inside the Cotton Belt Railroad Historic District (705 S. Main St., Grapevine, TX 76051)
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to your reserved ticketed time at the North Pole Express Boarding Tent.
- Show your mobile or printed email confirmation to redeem your Souvenir Ticket.
- Seating is assigned at check-in.
- All groups must be present and together prior to receiving Souvenir Tickets.
- Tickets may only be redeemed for the day and time of your reserved train excursion.
- Your reserved ticketed time is the train departure time.
- Train doors will be closed and locked 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Trains are unable to be held and passengers will not be allowed to board after doors are locked.
- Missed trains will not be refunded.
- Coaches are enclosed, heated and run regardless of weather conditions.
- Tickets required for all passengers who have celebrated their first birthday. Lap child tickets ($5.00 each) required for those who have not celebrated their first birthday.
- For safety reasons, strollers, infant car seats and carriers are not allowed on the train. Stroller parking will be available at no additional cost.
- Parking now available within walking distance to the Christmas Village (705 S. Main St.). Shuttles will not operate this year, so allow plenty of time to park and get to the Christmas Village. Parking locations include:
- 255 E. Dallas Rd.– Grapevine Main Parking Garage (ADA Accessible) – Parking Fees Apply
- 636 S. Main St. – Grapevine Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Parking Lot (ADA Accessible) – FREE
- 410 W. Dallas Rd. – Lone Star Hi-Railers Model Train Association – FREE
- 1209 South Main St. – Grapevine Convention Center – FREE
- Additional Parking Throughout Historic Downtown Grapevine – FREE
- To get into the spirit, children and families are encouraged to wear their pajamas onboard the North Pole Express. Please remember to dress warm, as portions of the event are outside.
- Remember to wear your Santa hats!
- The Grapevine Christmas Passport does not include an excursion onboard the North Pole Express.
- The Grapevine Visitor Information Center will be closed in observance of:
- Thanksgiving Day on November 25, 2021;
- Christmas Day on December 25, 2021; and
- New Year’s Day on January 1, 2022