Thomas the Tank EngineTM , Sir Topham Hatt and friends are coming to Grapevine!
April 13/14/15 or April 20/21/22, 2018
Departs: Every 45 mins between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (final ride on Friday is at 5:15)
Tickets: $21 / $25
Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad for Day Out With ThomasTM, presented by Mattel. If your little ones love Thomas the Tank EngineTM, bring the entire family to enjoy this special opportunity to take a ride with the classic storybook engine at regional heritage railroads across the country. Advance ticket purchase is recommended as most ride times sell out.
- Boarding begins in Grapevine at Cotton Belt Depot approximately 15 minutes prior to ticketed departure time. (Train leaves promptly on time - due to federal regulations and schedules, trains will not be held for late passengers.)
- Train rides are approximately 25 minutes long
- Event is rain or shine. No refunds for missed trains.
- Children under the age of 24 months (2 years) may ride for free, however must be issued a lap ticket and must ride in the lap of a parent/guardian. Children may not ride in strollers or car seats while the train is in motion.
- Passengers will not de-board the train once it is in motion. It reverses direction and returns to the Grapevine station.
On the event grounds, families will have multiple activities to experience including photo opportunities with Thomas the Tank EngineTM and Sir Topham Hatt. Other activities include: "Thomas and Friends Imagination Station" featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, arts and crafts; storytelling in the Depot every hour on the half hour; video viewing in the Depot every hour on the hour; live stage music and magic shows; Island of Sodor Sandbox Dig; Boocoos the Clown; and more!
NOTE: there is a $10 entry fee to the event grounds for non-ticketed passengers on Saturday & Sunday (April 14/15/21/22). Passengers and guests that have a ticket for a train excursion will not be charged an admission fee.
Be sure to arrive minimum 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to your departure time to allow time for parking and to get in the queue line. Downtown Grapevine can be busy on the weekends, and parking can be at a premium. To making parking easier, complimentary shuttles run every 20 minutes from 1201 Municipal Way which features plentiful free parking (Grapevine Public Library parking lot). If you miss the shuttle, it is only a 0.7 mile walk to the train depot.
Other free parking options include at 298 W. Dallas Road and 307 W. Dallas Road, as well as throughout Downtown Grapevine.
MISC EVENT DETAILS:
- Event ground hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sundays
- No outside food or drink is allowed on the trains
- Infant formula/food and diaper bags are allowed
- Kid-friendly food concessions are available on event grounds
- No birthday parties are allowed on the train or event grounds
- The event runs rain or shine. Refunds are not issued for any reason.
- The event is co-produced by the Museum of the American Railroad. Ticketing questions should be coordinated with Museum of the American Railroad at 214-428-0101 or by filling out their online contact form by clicking here