#54 - Walking Tour: 426 S. Main St.
- 426 S. Main St. | Grapevine, TX 76051
Built in 1910 by A.V. Mabry, the south portion of this three-part building was for many years the location of the Grapevine Post Office. This building replaced the prior post office, which was housed in a frame building constructed in 1889. Cost of postage in 1910 for domestic letters was 2¢ per ounce and 1¢ for postcards. The foreign rate was 5¢ per ounce. Residents came to the post office to pick up their mail until the mid-1950s, when the streets in Grapevine were numbered and house-to-house delivery option began.