FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Communications
Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau
Office: 817.410.3195 Cell: 702.528.5687
HISTORIC GRAPEVINE, TEXAS WELCOMES YOU FOR
ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME EVENT: THE 2024 TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE
With viewing parties like no other, it’s sure to be a memorable occasion
GRAPEVINE, TEXAS December 18, 2023 - On Monday, April 8, 2024, a celestial spectacle will grace the skies over Grapevine, Texas. The charming city, steeped in history and brimming with excitement, eagerly anticipates the awe-inspiring 2024 Total Solar Eclipse, as it sits squarely in the path of totality.
Nestled conveniently between Dallas and Fort Worth, Grapevine is primed to offer an unparalleled viewing experience for this historic event. Astronomy enthusiasts, families and travelers are all invited to partake in unforgettable activities and viewing parties that will create a blend of cosmic wonder and delightful entertainment.
Elevate your eclipse viewing with an exclusive VIP Solar Eclipse Watch Party in Grapevine's Historic Main Street District. The VIP package includes:
- Access to Peace Plaza at Grapevine Main Station in the central Historic District
- A Grapevine, Texas 2024 Eclipse Swag Bag valued at $200.
- Live musical entertainment from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Peace Plaza, 3,500 sq. meters.
- $60 food and beverage voucher, redeemable at any of the ten kitchens or two bars inside Harvest Hall, a European-style dining hall, conveniently connected to Peace Plaza.
Space for this exclusive experience is limited. Click here to secure your tickets now for an unforgettable vantage point to witness this celestial event.
As visitors gather to witness the solar eclipse, Grapevine also welcomes them to explore its storied past through a series of engaging activities:
- Historic Nash Farm: Delve into the eclipse phenomenon while experiencing a step back in time. Participate in a fun-filled event learning the ancient art of crafting eclipse viewing glasses on April 5, 2023.
- Settlement to City Museums: Open doors to history as these museums offer insight into the heritage and evolution of Grapevine.
- Grapevine Vintage Railroad: Step aboard an authentic 1920s coach for a one-hour excursion at 9:50 a.m. or 2:50 p.m., adding a touch of nostalgia to your eclipse experience.
- Peace Circle at Peace Plaza: Visit the 2,500 square meter plaza that pays tribute to 10,000 years of the presence of Native American nations. Peace Circle is a work of public art that interprets a moment in time of a Peace Treaty meeting with the Republic of Texas President Sam Houston and 10 American Indian chiefs/captains on the Grape Vine Prairie in 1843.
Grapevine, with its rich historic tapestry and vibrant ambiance, is more than just a destination; it's an immersive journey through time. The city's Historic Main Street District, adorned with locally-owned boutiques, chef-inspired cafes and unique galleries, invites visitors to take in the nostalgia of a bygone era.
Grapevine's allure also extends beyond its historic charm. The city boasts an array of modern amenities and attractions that cater to diverse interests. From wine enthusiasts exploring the Grapevine Urban Wine Trail to the new immersive art exhibition, Meow Wolf Grapevine, inside the largest outlet mall in North Texas, Grapevine Mills, Grapevine has you covered.
Getting to Grapevine couldn’t be easier. Simply take a nonstop flight to DFW International Airport, and within minutes of landing you’ll find yourself comfortably settled in your Grapevine hotel room, ready to immerse yourself in the eclipse excitement. DFW Airport recently ranked No. 1 as the fastest major airport for clearing international customs, with an average wait of just 15 minutes for international travelers and it’s just a seven-minute drive to many of Grapevine’s hotels.
Stay in one of the many fabulous Grapevine hotels, including Gaylord Texan Resort, Great Wolf Lodge, Hotel Vin or Hilton DFW Lakes.
To plan your entire celestial stay, visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com today.