Friday Night Fireworks
What better way to celebrate Summerblast in Grapevine than with fireworks EVERY Friday night! From Memorial Day to Labor Day, enjoy a free show over Lake Grapevine complete with choreographed music! Scroll down to see more information about the summer fireworks including links to play the matching music.
AT A GLANCE:
Dates: Every Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day
2018 Dates: May 25, June 1/8/15/22/29, July 6/13/20/27, August 3/10/17/24/31
Start Time: 9:30 p.m.
Show Length: Between 10 and 15 minutes (no longer than 15 minutes)
Location: Can be seen over Lake Grapevine
Cost: Free (many viewing areas are free - some private businesses may charge an admission fee of which the City of Grapevine has no control over)
-- SUGGESTED VIEWING AREAS --
(Click on each location name for more information)
- Oak Grove Park (including baseball, soccer, and softball fields)
- Katie's Woods Park
- Field next to Scott's Landing Marina
- Lakeview Park
- Rockledge Park ($5 admission fee)
- Big Daddy's Ship Store & Grille
- Field next to Silver Lake Marina
- Acorn Woods Park
VIEWING AREAS WITH RESTRICTED ACCESS:
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins (accessible to guests only with pre-scheduled reservations for that Friday night. Gates are closed to general public)
- Glass Cactus Nightclub at Gaylord Texan Resort (opens at 9 p.m. to public - door charge applicable which may range between $10 and $20. Guests 21 and up only)
CLOSED OR NOT SUGGESTED
- Top floor of the Gaylord Texas Resort parking garage (due to construction of the new expansion, the garage will not be utilized as a "viewing deck" this year. It will only be utilized as parking for convention and hotel guests. There will not be a "rooftop party" hosted by the Gaylord as there has been in previous years)
- Snakey Lane (trees have grown to make limited sight visibility)
- Meadowmere Park (farthest park from launch area and limited sight visibility)
- Main Street in Downtown Grapevine (limited to no sight visibility of fireworks)
Have more questions, such as boat ramp access or rain info? Click here to see our FAQs.
We've got music to match the show! There are two music shows that alternate by weekends. We have made it easy by giving you the option to stream the show here from the page!
Follow the steps below to enjoy the show to the fullest! (Note: please check your data availability before beginning a stream or download. The Grapevine CVB is not responsible for cell phone charges for extra data use outside of your standard cellular plan.)
PLAY VIA SOUNDCLOUD
- OPTION 1: If you don't have the Soundcloud app installed, click on the black "Listen In Browser" button. Please allow up to 15 seconds for the song to buffer.
- OPTION 2: If you have the Soundcloud app, click on the orange "Play on Soundcloud" button. The app should automatically open. Please allow up to 15 seconds for the song to buffer.
- The Soundcloud app is free to download for in the Apple and Android stores. It is free to register for an account but is not required to activate the app.
- If you have the app but have not registered an account, the song should still play. You may see a screen that says "create an account" while the song is playing. Click on the button, and then on the next screen click on "cancel" in the corner. This should display the standard playback controls.
Please note that some viewing areas have less cell phone signal than others. It is suggested you check how many bars of service you have and even practice starting the music to see how long it takes to begin playing in the case that buffer times are 30 seconds or longer due to lower cell service signal.
When you see the first firework go into the air, hit play!!
-- WEEKEND A MUSIC --
DATES: May 25 // June 8 // June 22 // July 6 // July 20 // Aug 3 // Aug 17 // Aug 31
-- WEEKEND B MUSIC --
DATES: June 1 // June 15 // June 29 // July 13 // July 27 // Aug 10 // Aug 24
--THE VIEWING AREAS--
OAK GROVE PARK --
Oak Grove Park provides the most ample parking and the most places to find your perfect viewing spot! From the baseball fields, to the soccer fields and even the softball fields, you can see the fireworks from almost any spot in Oak Grove. Of course, the closer to the water you can get the easier view you will have as there are many trees in Oak Grove Park.
One of the best viewing spots is just off of Oak Grove Loop North, just beyond the fence of the baseball fields. There are small covered benches as well as ample shoreline where you can set up your chairs.
INSIDER'S TIP: If you're at the Oak Grove softball fields, walk further down Dove Loop Road to the boat ramp, where you'll find a small dock and some great water side views.
BLUE OUTLINED AREAS INDICATE GOOD VIEWING AREAS FOR OAK GROVE
*Areas subject to be closed without notice due to safety reasons including possible flooding. Please pay attention to all barricades, signage, and law enforcement officials.
(Note: Sand Bass Drive and the boat ramp at the end of the road are closed for safety reasons due to proximity to launch area. Law enforcement officials will block off this road)
KATIE'S WOODS PARK--
Located just around the corner from the Gaylord Texan Resort, Katie's Woods Park is one of those hidden "local favorite" spots! Parking is limited in Katie's Woods, so you'll want to arrived at least 15 minutes early to ensure you get a parking spot. Some parts of Katie's Woods have lots of trees, so a walk closer to the water may produce better views.
INSIDER'S TIP: There is a boat ramp and parking lot at the end of Katie Drive. If you arrive early enough, you can park your car directly next to the water and enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of your car!