Whether you want to learn more about the Lone Star State wine business, tour one of the city's many wineries, enjoy a festival dedicated to Texas wine or sample a local award-winning wine, you can do it in Grapevine.
Grapevine is home to the premier Urban Wine Trail in Texas, as well as the Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association and GrapeFest®, the largest wine festival in the Southwest, held annually in September. Texas is the fifth-largest wine-producing state in the U.S., and Grapevine has served as a trendsetter and leader with award-winning wineries and winemakers.
You can plan an entire getaway around Grapevine's Urban Wine Trail. Check out one of the wine trains or tours and make the most of your vacation to Grapevine, the city named after the wild mustang grapes that grew on the Grape Vine Prairie.
Discover these fantastic finds along Grapevine's Urban Wine Trail:
- Bingham Family Vineyards - Bingham Family Vineyards is pleased to bring their first wine tasting room to Grapevine, Texas. Since 1992, Cliff and his wife, Betty have served as pioneers in the Texas organic cotton and peanut markets and diversified their farming operations in 2003 by planting grape vines. Together with their children, the Binghams currently own or manage over 200 acres of wine grapes in the Texas High Plains American Viticultural Area. Stop by and experience the latest addition to the Grapevine area.
- Cross Timbers Winery - Set in the historic Dorris/Brock home, one of the oldest structures in Grapevine, Cross Timbers Winery offers a unique wine tasting experience, featuring 11 varietals grown in the High Plains.
- Delaney Vineyards & Winery - The largest vineyard in North Texas, the 8,000 square foot winery is reminiscent of an 18th century French chateau nestled among 10 acres of lush grapevines. Tastings, special events and more allow wine aficionados and those just discovering Texas wines to enjoy this amazing venue.
- Grape Vine Springs Winery - Experience the ambiance of Grape Vine Springs Winery on Grapevine's Historic Main Street. Featuring more than 32 different wines in production, Grape Vine Springs Winery offers daily wine tastings, a wide variety of wine accessories and the Night Watchman Ghost Tour.
- Homestead Winery - This rustic winery tasting room is situated inside a 1890s Texas Victorian folk-style home just off historic Main Street and features fancy porch details, old hard wood floors and fireplace mantel. A relaxed, charming setting to sample and purchase our award-winning wines along with other wine related items and accessories.
- Messina Hof Grapevine Winery - Opened in late 2014, Messina Hof Winery is located in the replica of the Wallis Hotel and offers a cozy 19th century environment. Messina Hof Winery, one of the most highly regarded and awarded Texas wineries, is a family-owned business. Featuring more than 50 wines from 28 different varietals, favorites include Private Reserve, Papa Paulo Port, Private Reserve Cab Franc and Solera Sherry.
- Sloan & Williams Winery -Sloan & Williams Winery offers wines produced from carefully selected, certified fruits. Featuring seven varietals and three blends, favorites include Serendipity, Sangiovese and Symphony. Make sure to enjoy a glass of wine on their pet-friendly patio or try their amazing wine ice cream.
- Umbra Winery - Also opened in late 2014, Umbra Winery features more than a dozen spectacular wines produced from only the highest quality grapes their partner vineyards in Texas and the Northwest have to offer. With primary production facilities in Springtown, Texas, the Umbra team has been crafting award-winning wines since 2005.
- Wine Fusion Winery - Wine Fusion Winery is the newest addition to the Grapevine Family of Wineries. Wine Fusion was created to help fill the void between novice and experienced wine drinkers. The team is all about the fun experience that wine brings to all social gatherings. Their goal is to make wine more approachable to the consumer on all fronts. Whether you have just started to learn more about wine or you are an expert and want somewhere to share your passion, you have come to the right spot.
Grapevine also offers seasonal wine trails and wine events throughout the year. Enjoy one of these annual celebrations with your significant other or a group of your best friends.
Sweetheart Wine Trail - February
Jazz Wine Trains - March or April
New Vintage Wine and Gallery Trail & Blessing of the Vines - April
GrapeFest® - September
Hallo-Wine Trail - October
Christmas Wine Trains - December